what is your AC set at?

Old 07-15-2011, 09:06 AM

We have it set at 73 - probably a little cooler after today. We have a full week of upper 90's comin'!!!!!! Yahoo!!!! We finally have summer!!!!! Pouring buckets right now. Edie
Old 07-15-2011, 09:09 AM

72 with all ceiling fans running, and an extra fan in the bedroom and computer room. My air has been on since February, every day. It's to darn hot here, when the weather cools down, just fans will run until it's cold enough to heat. I don't open my windows because I absolutely hate hate hate the dry DIRT that blows here almost every day. I live in the dust bowl of NM
Old 07-15-2011, 09:10 AM

77 or 78 during the day, when needed, & 80 at night, we have a ceiling fan going, over our bed at night, & others in the house, going during the day, when & if needed. Alot depends on your house, the windows, how well it is insulated & so on. Also, our own personal inner thermostats. I like to be comfortable, but not cold. Dh had a double bypass several years ago, so he tends to stay cool better than I do, & he now gets colder in the winter, so it takes some working together on this. We like the lower power bills too!...
Old 07-15-2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Carrie Jo
We dont have any air conditioning and with the heat going to be in the 90's and these blessed hot flashes Iam gonna be in trouble!!!!
In case you are interested, the herbal pills " Black Cohosh" seems to help with hot flashes & aren't expensive. So you may want to try them & see if they help, if you aren't already. Good luck in this heat, not fun, that's for sure!...
Old 07-15-2011, 09:36 AM

We keep ours at 78 but we live in Washington State and we don't get the high heat here .
Old 07-15-2011, 09:36 AM

Ours is always set at 80, the dial is never moved. With it being mid 90's from May through Oct., it's too much of a shock to be in and out with anything cooler. We have ceiling fans in every room and use those if the air isn't cool enough. At 75, I'd be in slacks and a sweater. Plus it's a waste of money. From Nov. to May, it's never on but we use the furnace if we have cold winters and the woodstove doesn't keep the house warm.

When we go up north, we always wear slacks or jeans and take sweaters with us to visit people. Their homes are so uncomfortably cold, like a frozen food locker. It's so beautiful outside, if they just opened windows and got the air moving, they could save humdreds of dollars.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Power Poster

during day dh has it at 71 ant nite 72
Old 07-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

73º during the day and 70º at night for summer.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:55 AM

I'm originally from Mass living in TX and the heat here just about kills me. I keep the A/c at 76 days and 72 nights and fans on all the time. I would much rather not have to use a/c at all and be able to open windows and doors but can't do that here. Hate it when the electric bill comes but better than dying from the heat.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:56 AM

Hate to make you all feel bad BUT
I live in Oregon, in the Portland area, and we don't even have air conditioning. We do have a few days a year when it is hot during the day but at night it cools off enough to turn the whole-house fan on and open the windows-instant cool down.
After spending 40+ years in NJ, this is heaven. Summers are beautiful here.