Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Update on Candlequilter Star Block quilts >

Update on Candlequilter Star Block quilts

Update on Candlequilter Star Block quilts

Old 07-16-2011, 02:56 AM

I requested your pattern - but I knew I not be able to complete and send you a square in a reasonable amount of time. So I never got the pattern. I would still like to have it - but such is life.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:06 AM

I guess because I'm a beginner and this was my first paper-piecing I expected it to be difficult so wasn't surprised when I made mistakes (I have the worst time sewing 'backwards' and then flipping the fabric and have it actually cover the section of template it is for ;-) ).

It did volcano but extreme pressing handled that. And no it wasn't perfect but I don't think Sherryl stipulated perfect.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:27 AM

Please don't hesitate to try it. I was a first time PPer when I tried it and, although it was a little difficult at first, I got the hang of it and completed one. I am sure it is not the most perfect one that Candlequilter received but I sure learned a LOT and got it accomplished.

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
I know excuses are like elbows and that everyone has a couple.

Between a new GD with her Dad being in pre-deployment status (leaves USA in 15 +/- days), family from Wyoming coming in, family from Indiana coming in, Mom's 73rd birthday and general work I have actually been afraid to attempt it seeing all the difficulties some have had doing it.

I apologize for the delay. If you wish for me to delete it from my files please let me know and I will do so. I do plan on attempting it within the next couple months. If that is too long please let me know and all will be okay.

Again, I'm sorry for any problems my delay has unintentionally caused you.

Lisa
Old 07-16-2011, 03:44 AM

Sherryl
Is it possible for you post all blocks together for the bord to view as they come in. With the mail we never are quite sure if they make it.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by ladyshuffler
Originally Posted by Mary M
Not knowing how difficult the block can be to make leaves me wondering what I should do. I don't need the frustration I got from trying and now wish I had never asked for a copy of the block. Life is too short to spend so much time on trying something that just doesn't work for me. I am sorry I couldn't get one sent and will do as you want with the pattern. I am unhappy about not being able to send you a block from your pattern but will send another block that I can make if you want me to. Mary
I am with Mary all the way on this.............I have attempted this pattern five times with NO outcome to send to you- if you would like the pattern returned I can do that........this is toooo frustrating to continue with....I did not know the pattern was a difficult one.
Candlequilter, paper piecing is one technique I love to do so your pattern interested me greatly. So in good faith, I requested a copy of your pattern in exchange for sending you a block of your pattern. I have read everyone's posts since people started posting theirs shortly after we all received your pattern and have followed them up until your post today.

I have previously communicated with you as to why I couldn't attempt making the block to this point. However, I do not have a day or so to devote to trying this block.

I will delete your email (with the pattern attached) today so that I do not have it anymore. It is a beautiful block. Others' skills must be greater than mine, including yours.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:46 AM
Power Poster

I requested a pattern but when Sherryl said I would have to make a block in exchange, I declined because I knew that I had a full plate going right now. Also my skills at quilting were not the best in the world. Hope everyone that received the pattern will be able to complete the block without too much trouble. I might suggest that if you continue to have trouble, PM Cheryl and she might have tips for you.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:00 AM

Keep at it fellow quilters! I managed to get mine done and sent in and it was my first PP. It did take me a long time and I was frustrated but I got it done. If I could do it so can you. It was like when I was going thru chemo and rad.--I can do this and I did. My next one will be easier.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:05 AM

Were the blocks supposed to be star blocks? I assumed from you email that it could be any design. I made one yesterday, but if you want, I can make another. Let me know. Marge L.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:32 AM

I would love to make a block for you. What do I need to do? I don't have the pattern, but from what I have seen, it sure looks interesting.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:47 AM

I am sorry that I haven't gotten my star block done, but still can't sit and sew any due to my back injury, but just as soon as I can sew again I will get mine done and sent off to you. So sorry for the delay. I have part of it done though.