Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I Felt Very Judged:  Quilt tops vs Finished quilts >

I Felt Very Judged: Quilt tops vs Finished quilts

I Felt Very Judged: Quilt tops vs Finished quilts

Old 07-17-2011, 05:20 AM

You don't want to know how many tops I have. I have decided I'm a topper. I, too, love making the tops to see when the final piece will look like.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:21 AM
Power Poster

)))))Hugs(((((( Sometimes what the quilt police says can hurt eventhough we know they are wrong. Enjoy your hobby and do not let her opinion stop you in anyway. Your quilts are beautiful! I haven't even thought about trying a mariners compass. It looks so hard. Making tops is my favorite part too. :lol:
Old 07-17-2011, 05:21 AM

Haha.. good thing she never came to my house... I love to make tops but then onto another project!!!.. my husband does question when I am going to finish that top, but he is pretty good about not saying too much!! I do eventually finish them but I love making the tops more!! ignor her and any like her, obviously they are an unhappy person to start with... make & enjoy what you do & hang them proudly!! I do..............
Old 07-17-2011, 05:23 AM

To each his own, my friend. It is your home, do as you wish. Enjoy!
Old 07-17-2011, 05:28 AM

Don't worry about what other people think!!!!!!!!!
enjoy your quilting and how you do it!!!!!!!
The first quilt group I went too 20 years a go were filled with snobs!!!!! I never went there again and found many small classes with great friendly pople in them.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:35 AM

The lovely thing about quilting is that we each get to do it our own way. If it makes you happy, don't worry about other people's opinions. You will find no judges here. We live and let live ... or quilt and let quilt.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:37 AM

I'm so sorry that this has happened. Most quilters would have asked to see the tops and if they were in the area offered to get together with you and help or whatever I've done that several times here.
I haven't created a profile yet I've just been a lurker most of the time but this really hurt me to think that a quilter would behave this way.
Can you take some online friends and create a contest between all of you at who can get the most UFO's or WIP done during the year. Sometimes that helps.
I've been in a slump here lately too just can't get the fingers to work at doing the hand quilting that needs to be done.
Just keep creating.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:41 AM

Phooey on her - you just go on enjoying your quilt tops...
Old 07-17-2011, 05:51 AM

Perhaps the comment just fed into the guilt that you were already feeling about not finishing you tops. And that is what made you take the comment wrong. Lots of "quilter" like only the piecing process. I really like the peicing process and have to force myself to finish the quilt. Perhaps you could try to sell the UFO on this board or donate them to local quilt quild for them to finish. Earlier a board member "jenni M" was looking for UFO to be sent to her and she would finish them and to be auction off to raise money for a scholarship fund in her son's name. I sent her 2 UFO that I did not really llike and knew that I would not finish. Perhaps you could contact her and see if she still wants UFO.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:01 AM

Don't let one narrow person's opinion stop you from having fun. I say that if you want to go ahead and make another fifty+ tops to hang, then go right ahead. Hope you enjoy the process.