verizion wireless service

Old 07-18-2011, 02:51 PM

When it was AllTel I loved the service and the price was right But once V-zon took over the service got real lousy My friend works for V and even with employee discount she dropped them and went with ATT for a savings of $40 on unlimited call pkg They've gotten so big buying every other cell co. out they can't keep up with demand They will be in bankruptcy court by this time next yr They built 3 new stores after the take over -2 of them are now Subway Shops the 3rd one is down to 2 [soon to be 1] employees they use to be open 82 hrs per wk now its only 48
Old 07-18-2011, 03:14 PM

I have had Sprint for about 20 years and just in the last couple of weeks I have had problems. A lot of the time it is looking for service. Or someone tells me they have called but phone doesn't ring. Or phone doesn't ring and my voice mail will answer. I guess I will have to finally call the provider.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:19 PM

We dropped verison. When our phone company was taken over by Verison they made promises but lied. They kept trying to bill us for calls we didn't make. When we spent hours on the phone they would reluctantly drop them or so we thought- they'd show up the next month with additional calls and charges and they became more obstinet about the fact these were not ours. Whe the bill went form 50.00 to 300.00 and up and up in a matter of days we dropped them with a huge thud.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:02 PM

Never had a problem with Verizon. Got service in areas where some of my friends on other networks can not. They are always asking to borrow my phone. LOL
Old 07-18-2011, 06:11 PM

No problem like that. I have a problem with text messaging. You get charged for those unwanted msgs. UGH!
Old 07-18-2011, 06:31 PM

If my problem with their phones didn't get to the top of their list fast, I would go with someone else. There are plenty of cellphone companies out there. They are all in competition. Get information from the other companies that are active in your area and use the information to get the best deal for you regardless of which company you choose.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:44 PM

We've had Verizon for many years. I love it, never have a problem, usually on the other end.One thing I know to do is the updating. *228 like Truckers wife mentioned
Old 07-18-2011, 07:08 PM

I had the same problem with Verizon. I had to go 5 miles before it would work. I later found out we didn't have towers in our area. (this was about 10 years ago.) After repeated phone calls, they would not do anything about it. They said we had our service too long. Years ago we only had the 30 min. a month plan that was used strictly for emergencies...and my husband rarely used it would work until he was about 5 miles from home. Of course, we didn't know that at the time as he would call me when he first got off work and he had a 35 mile drive. Long story short....the manager at where we were sold the phone told me "Well, I didn't sell the phone to you." No, your EMPLOYEE did and they should have made it right. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND VERIZON!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by writerwomen
We dropped verison. When our phone company was taken over by Verison they made promises but lied. They kept trying to bill us for calls we didn't make. When we spent hours on the phone they would reluctantly drop them or so we thought- they'd show up the next month with additional calls and charges and they became more obstinet about the fact these were not ours. Whe the bill went form 50.00 to 300.00 and up and up in a matter of days we dropped them with a huge thud.
They actually charged me Roaming fee's I had not heard that phrase in the 10 yrs we were with All Tel And added 24.95 for texting I still don't know how nor do I want to- besides I'd have to carry a magnifying glass to see those little letters

:)
Old 07-18-2011, 07:57 PM

I have Verison and it is terrible. I too live in Missouri and have to stand with one leg held high pointing to the North Star (LOL) to get a signal. I've walked into the store and said "Verison" can you hear me now "NO". They didn't seem to amused.Not to mention that it takes over 3hrs for a text message to travel 11 miles. I'm home before my DH ever gets the message.Oh the joys of technology :)