Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Red Hat Sandwiched >

Red Hat Sandwiched

Red Hat Sandwiched

Old 10-06-2007, 08:48 PM

I finally got the top together on the Red Hat Lap (BIG LAP). :lol: Now I have to get it quilted. I am looking for one of those things you put on your machine to make the quilt slide really easy. That is if I can find one without it costing a fortune, but I want one to make sure I do as good a job as I can. I've got to get this finished before the end of Nov. for my baby sister's birthday. I'll try to post a pic after it is finished. While seek the needed slick thing I also must decide how I want to quilt it, decisions, decisions. :ideas :hunf:
Old 11-12-2007, 06:24 PM

Not sure if you found the slick sheet for quilting your red hat lap. I found one online at Jhittlesewing.com.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:38 AM
Administrator

we talked about this a while ago. everyone who's bought and used them so far has had good things to say about them. the only thing i'd suggest is that you surf baking supply sites for the silicon baking sheets, instead. they are the same thing; less expensive; come in a variety of sizes. you'd just need to make your own hole for the needle. :P
Old 11-13-2007, 09:09 PM

After your comment Patrice I looked at some of those silcone cookware in a store and the surfice isn't as slick feeling and I didn't think it would work as well. :? If so I would consider getting one for I wouldn't mind it I had a larger one and will a leather punch and mallet the hole making would be no problem. :shock:
Old 11-14-2007, 06:35 AM

DebJ,
I just saw a thing in my McCall's magazine this morning about a fabric mover, not sure if it is what you saw at the quilt show or not, but they are called Fab-U-Motion. On ball bearings to move the project in all directions. The product review says it fits "most" machines and that for most machines you can get a stitch regulator.

http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/us/7610.htm

That's the link, I'm checking it out for cost and such. It will help my arthritis a lot if it's affordable.

Hugs,
Sharon