Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-19-2011, 04:47 AM

[quote=quilt addict]Okay here are the pictures. I have narrowed it down to either a National of Eldridge. But I cannot figure out the model.

Can anyone help me with finding the model. I am thinking a Vindex or some sort of vibrating shuttle based on photos of Damascus Annes site.

My money is on National. You can check Kate Farmer's webshots to see if it is there. arachnaobsession is her name on webshots.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:59 AM

There is a FW on Ebay right now, one day auction is at $102 now, about 4hrs to go. Hope someone on here has a chance.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:03 AM

It's so much fun seeing the 'new' machines you all are collecting. Thanks for sharing. I am in the midst of a machine 'diet' right now. My DH wants me to lose a few!! Fat chance! I will be giving my DD a Kenmore 148.0000 and a featherweight this week. So maybe that will help. But I refuse to give up the rest. :lol:
Old 07-19-2011, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Originally Posted by melinda1962
Originally Posted by Charlee
Oh my Melinda!! What a steal!!
And when the area had been electrified, she had upgraded to a FW, with the stool, and card table, that I got for $51 at the same sale.
You really got a super, super buy. Congratulations.!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
It's so much fun seeing the 'new' machines you all are collecting. Thanks for sharing. I am in the midst of a machine 'diet' right now. My DH wants me to lose a few!! Fat chance! I will be giving my DD a Kenmore 148.0000 and a featherweight this week. So maybe that will help. But I refuse to give up the rest. :lol:
I think I'm on that same diet but it's not workin'
Old 07-19-2011, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
That's pretty Lisa...are both slide plates gone or do you just have them removed?

I wanna see pics of the accesories that you got too!! ;) (What can I say? I'm an "Attachment Ho"! :lol: )
:) This board needs a "like" button. You just made my morning caffeine even better.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by Bennett
Okay, I think I've found another one I want. (I seem to have the "I want its" pretty bad lately!) The red eye decals are growing on me! Even my BIL thought it was cool.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/atq/2498113118.html

Any red flags? I wrote and asked for the serial #, but seller gave what sounded like the number off the motor and said that was the only one she could find that looked like a serial #. I'm wondering if it would be rude to send a picture of where it's located.

It looks nice to me, but I'm still new to this. I'd probably ditch the motor and put her back in a treadle.

Also, does anyone know what model this would be? Looks like it has a place for cams, but again, I'm so new at this I have no idea! :) I just keep seeing stuff that interests me that I want to know more about!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/atq/2461788660.html
Aw just go ahead and steal that redeye for that price I won't watch.

The other machine is pretty cool but - he says no attachments and the only discs he has are the "built in ones" - he doesn't have all of it..... and he doesn't know it... Look around & price the discs - the attachments are low shank - you can buy new if necessary. Does the cord/motor/light work? How gummed up is it? I think I'd want to buy for $25 or so... it wold be fun to play with for a while.
Yeah, if I can make it happen, that red eye will be mine. :) She will look nice in my newly redone treadle.

The other I was just curious what model it was. I wouldn't pay $75 either! I've been to too many country auctions and estate sales to know better (and be a lot cheaper).
Old 07-19-2011, 06:02 AM

No disc, no attachments or manuals for either of them. But what can I say...they were free. :)
Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by newborn
Lady called me today and said she had an old sewing machine for me if I wanted to come pick it up. About a 45 min drive for me. Well.....OF COURSE I WENT! When I got there she had these in her garage just "taken up space and collecting cobwebs". She gave me both of them! Singer 66 Serial AM078465 from 1955 and Sears Kenmore Model 158.14002 from 1971-72. Serial 0018082. I thought I was going after one old machine. Had no idea I was getting machines with cabinets. :) Excuse the cobwebs-haven't cleaned them yet.
I some of those old Sears are a lot of fun - are there any discs?
That other machine - think FM & it should sew about anything. Good combo. Nice score!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:27 AM

Just thought I'd attach a few photos from a booth at our local quilt show this weekend. The business name is Feathers and Cranks. Her machines are all very nice and fully refurbished and have a 30 day warranty. Her prices reflect all the work that has gone into them but they are gorgeous. I really wanted the Vesta hand crank but my checkbook didn't have enough money in it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-228772.jpe
Views:	410
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	228778   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-228773.jpe
Views:	414
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	228779   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-228774.jpe
Views:	412
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	228780  
Old 07-19-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
Congratulations, great find, both of them.
Thanks, the wheeler wilson doesn't have any decals and was wondering if it was supposed. Looks like someone painted it with black paint.