Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED  July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st >

CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

Old 07-19-2011, 01:56 PM

I got home from work today and guess what?

I had a box on the front porch just waiting for me. Shawnna is my secret pal and she sent me a box of goodies. I got a pretty basket to fill with sewing stuff and put by my sewing machine, a pen with a flag on top, 4 pairs of patriotic socks to celebrate my favorite holiday the 4th of July, 7 spools of thread!, a mug that says "A bad day quilting beats a good day at work" (so true), and best of all, a jar of homemade peach preserves and a jar of homemade jalapeno jelly! I still don't know how she knew that anything peach is the best fruit flavor of all as far as I am concerned. :-D

Thanks, Shawnna, for being my secret pal!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-228975.jpe
Views:	35
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	228981  
Old 07-19-2011, 02:01 PM

LOVE that mug!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:04 PM

Just bumped into this how-to on youtube for the flip flops. Thought I'd share. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CKcwCHFV4A
Old 07-19-2011, 02:11 PM

Donna happy the parcel made it to you OK and you liked everything. Had fun putting it together. Dar

I am still on the bench. My cute mailman knows me on first name bases now.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:25 PM

Well SP, it seems your package is still in the same place it was last night......sigh.....sad face.....oh DRATS

Your item was processed through and left our PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116 facility on July 18, 2011 at 10:23 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by musicaljan
Just bumped into this how-to on youtube for the flip flops. Thought I'd share. :D
thanks for sharing, watched the video, looks easy enough. flip flops should be on sale soon.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by grammynan
The pattern for the flip flops is "Bow n Go Flip-Flops" by Aunties Two Patterns. Inspired by Brooke Schmelzer. Written by Carol McLeod. Pattern Number AT214. P. O Box 4862, Portland ME 04122. Email: [email protected]

They were so easy to make. I got the "Shoe Goo" from my local hardware store. If you have any questions, let me know!
The Bow n Go pattern is available on Coltide as an e-download.
$4.98

http://www.clotilde.com/detail.html?...le&code=359651
Old 07-19-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by tedytrser
Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Tedytrsr, are you sorry about the mistake? or sending them to me so that I got hooked?

The first one I will forgive you for as it doesn't really matter. The second, well, I am having so much fun reading the first one when I have a coffee break. It is sooooooo funny that I laugh out loud - now that will give the postman something else to worry about as whenever he calls I am now laughing like a loon at Stephanie Plum!

I have also started the cross stitch kit. I couldn't keep my hands off that. So when I stop for the evening about 9.30 I can stitch for half an hour. Very therapeutic.
Well, I am sorry. I could send you some of the next of the seris if you need. Also, glad you like the cross stich and it is helping you to relax.

Thank you for the offer. I have found some of them on Amazon.co.uk. I am going to buy them one by one in the order they were written. I will let you know if I get stuck and cannot find one of them.

Sue
Old 07-19-2011, 02:34 PM

Thanks for the video. i have saved to my fav.will have to try.

Originally Posted by musicaljan
Old 07-19-2011, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Originally Posted by CloverPatch
Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Ok Cloverpatch did you make the monkey bread? Did everyone like it?

Robyn
Well, that didn't go so well. I keep the biscuits inthe drawer inthe fridge. Well when I picked them up I found out that it had opened itself. I am thinking they got to warm or something, I don't know, maybe a bad batch or packageing. So I didn't get to make it :-(
When you try it do not use pam on the bunt pan or it will fall apart. My girlfriend found that out when she tried the recipe.
This reminds me of a story in a email I recieved a couple years ago. A lady went grocery shopping the parking lot was full so she parked behind the store. Not very well lit. After shopping she went to her car and put her groceries in the back seat. As she sat in the drivers seat she heard a loud bang and felt a searing pain in the back of her head. She put her hand on her head and felt what she thought was her brain. She thought why did she park back there ,now someone has shot her and she is going to die. Well she called 911 and when the police got there and checked her head wound they started laughing. She got so mad and started cussing at them.They explained she had a biscuit stuck in her hair from a can of biscuits she just bought that exploded.lol. Mary
I know the cop that got to tell her she was "shot" with a biscuit. I worked with his sister. Was the talk of the town for along time!