Eggies?

Old 07-19-2011, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Learner747
My DH says the ladies at work tried them and "they are a waste of money and junk."
Oh oh! Too late now, they're already on they're way. But I'll still try them.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:03 PM

Nadine, I like your 301 in our avatar! I have a black one!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:08 PM

I just saw the ad this morning! I, too, think it's a waste of money. If your aunt will boil the eggs, then when done and still hot, drain off all but 1-2" of water, put the lid back on and shake the heck out of the eggs, the shells will slip off 9 times out of 10. Letting them cool will cause the egg shells to "glue" back on. :) :) I keep getting suckered in to these commercials....swore the last time to NEVER get hooked again. Good luck!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:33 PM

I think I saw them at Bed, Bath and Beyond yesterday.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Nadine, I like your 301 in our avatar! I have a black one!
Excellent! Don't you love them?
Old 07-19-2011, 05:29 PM

I've very seldom been able to peel hard boiled eggs. It always sticks like cement to the egg white. Some people can do it so it just slides off...not me. I've tried plunging then into cold water after cooking, I've tried letting them sit and cool slowly out of the water. I've tried fresh eggs, old eggs...

So let me know if they work. I wouldn't mind spraying the heck out of the containers to keep them from sticking. But I'd probably wait and buy them when I had a coupon for Bed Bath and Beyond.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:10 PM

If they work I'm going to buy some for me too. I'm supposed to be eating Egg Beaters and it would be nice to make a type of hard boiled eggs with it.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:37 PM

Well, another person who has watched the ad with her husband and he laughs everytime. But, let me tell you, he has had to eat his words on some of the things I have bought off tv and really were useful. Hope these work for you. Waiting to hear.....
Old 07-31-2011, 05:23 AM

Update (finally)....
The eggies arrived during the week and we played with them yesterday.
The directions say fill a pot 2/3 full of water (or deep enough for the "eggies" to float), coat the inside of the "eggies" with cooking spray (we used butter), filled one with Egg Beaters and one with a whole egg, put into not-yet-boiling water, started timing after boiling started.
Well...we must have filled the one with Egg Beaters a little too full and it leaked slightly but not badly. Created the egg foamy thing in the water.
Then about 1/2 way thru the cooking we heard a muffled underwater "poof"...and noticed a little more egg beater liquid pushed out of it.
So maybe we didn't screw it shut tight enough either.
We didn't notice anything with the real egg.
The cooking chart says "if you're boiling only egg whites they'll be done in 2 -3 mins". And since Egg Beaters is made from egg whites, coloring, and powdered milk, we cooked them according to the "egg whites only".
But when we opened it, it wasn't totally cooked. Next time we'll know to cook it longer.
The real egg DID cook but it stuck a little to the insides of the plastic. Next time I'll use the cooking spray instead of butter.
I didn't notice any plastic taste to it either.
So I say thumbs up despite user error.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:31 AM

Once I went to the website & watched 5 seconds of the commercial, I remembered this.

I will just stick to my boil it for 10 minutes, then drain the eggs & put them into an ice bath for a couple of methods.

for boiling, I like my Henrietta: http://www.amazon.com/Maverick-SEC-2...2122640&sr=8-6