Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
zooks and ..... >

zooks and .....

zooks and .....

Old 07-19-2011, 07:06 PM

Zooks is one of my favorites. This last time I got to go to the Quilt Museum. Beautiful quilts and fascinating stories behind them.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:15 PM

I just spent a week in Bird-In-Hand, PA. We just arrived back home in North Carolina tonight! Bird-In-Hand, PA. is right near Lancaster.

I must have hit 20 quilt stores and fabric stores. Loved them all. Found a few that were with the name of Zooks. Also found Zooks frozen chicken pies, which are terrific too.

I have some quilt shop info from the area, but not specifically Zooks, of you are interested.

Happy Quilting,

Steve (a.k.a. Sewing_Hubby)
I'm a Hand Quilter and treadle piecer, though I do have a sewing studio full of machines with which I could quilt and sew on. I prefer the manual / hand method.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:16 PM

Hey there's a quilt show end of July up that way. Our guild is taking a bus trip and after visiting shows we are stopping at Zooks for some shopping. Trying to save some money so I can buy more material for my stash. You know it is good to have a stash, I really do use it, it's nice to go shopping on my shelves when I start a new project. Don't have to spend any money on gas, and I can start right away.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
I was there on Saturday, introduced my newbie quilter sister to Zook's, Country Store and Sauders. There is a new shop a little bit down the road from Country Store, Bitty something, that I haven't been to yet. Always great choices of fabrics and each store and the prices can't be beat. Been to Obie's once, not for anyone that is claustrophobic, LOL! May in Jersey
Love Bitty Kinna's! Such a nice bright shop and wonderful fabrics. She's a delight to talk to and the others in her shop are always very helpful.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sewing_Hubby
I just spent a week in Bird-In-Hand, PA. We just arrived back home in North Carolina tonight! Bird-In-Hand, PA. is right near Lancaster.

I must have hit 20 quilt stores and fabric stores. Loved them all. Found a few that were with the name of Zooks. Also found Zooks frozen chicken pies, which are terrific too.

I have some quilt shop info from the area, but not specifically Zooks, of you are interested.

Happy Quilting,

Steve (a.k.a. Sewing_Hubby)
I'm a Hand Quilter and treadle piecer, though I do have a sewing studio full of machines with which I could quilt and sew on. I prefer the manual / hand method.
Hey Steve, where is your avatar from? Bird-in-Hand or NC?
Old 07-20-2011, 02:48 PM

The avatar picture was taken in Bird-in-hand Pa. this past Friday morning on July 15th.

My wife was in the basket to the right, just taking off for an early morning flight. The flight was one of her Mother's Day presents.

She loved it.

Steve
Old 07-21-2011, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Sewing_Hubby
The avatar picture was taken in Bird-in-hand Pa. this past Friday morning on July 15th.

My wife was in the basket to the right, just taking off for an early morning flight. The flight was one of her Mother's Day presents.

She loved it.

Steve

how cool... something on my bucket list.....
Old 07-21-2011, 06:40 AM

Here is a web link to a web page about one of my favorite quilt shops in the Bird-in-hand Amish area.

It's name is Country Quilts and the lady who runs this shop is Katie.

Here is the link.

http://www.amishnews.com/shopping/countrylanequilts.htm

and a link to many other shops in the area.

http://www.amishnews.com/shopping.html

Steve