Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Why do cats love our quilts??? >

Why do cats love our quilts???

Why do cats love our quilts???

Old 07-21-2011, 04:22 AM

My cat does the same thing as the others, lays on each project if I leave it where he can get to it. I usually slide my project out from under him and substitute with some scrap quilts from the longarm. I don't mind if he gets hair on those!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-229627.jpe
Views:	146
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	229633  
Old 07-21-2011, 04:32 AM

I'm constantly having to move my cat off my quilting. I have decided that when I am finished with my projects I am going to make him a small padded quilt from the left over fishing material I have from making my husband and grandson quilts. I don't know if it will keep him off my quilt projects but it's worth a try. He also likes in sit in my lap when I am crocheting, doesn't work at all. It's a good thing what I am crocheting is for me because there is cat hair crocheted into it. Hope some of it washes out.

Name:	Attachment-229645.jpe
Views:	139
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	229651  
Old 07-21-2011, 04:40 AM

mine does not usually bother to much while sewing just while laying out. but she has found a new favorite spot. I made my son's puppy a new dog bed and until he gets it she has taken over :)

I hope Maverick will like it also
[ATTACH=CONFIG]229650[/ATTACH]

Name:	Attachment-229644.jpe
Views:	53
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	229650  
Old 07-21-2011, 05:01 AM

My dog immediately jumps on quilts/tops as soon as I lay them out on the floor or the bed! She also goes for clothes, book bags, sports bags, blankets, baskets of clothes, anything that we've touched. It's entertaining.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:02 AM

***Love at the pet pics!!!***
Old 07-21-2011, 05:55 AM

My cat loves fabric. Not just the finished quilts but fabric. She loves to crawl under the quilts too. I used to think it was because she was cold but the temps are 95+. I can always tell when she has been on my bed.

A couple of years ago I was at my daughters house and we could tell her cat was acting like she was about to have her kittens. My daughter was worried were she would have them. We went to Wal Mart and bought a couple yards of cheap fabric, put it in a box and set Ally in it to let her know it was there. A couple of days later she had three little kittens in that box of new fabric.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:19 AM

My cat Max wants all the attention. He will block my view to the computer, book, company, Tv.
He stands on my chest amd turns himself so he blocks my view.
All my cats love quilts, its a cat thing. Maybe because you spend so much time making them that they feel leftout and need to dominate the quilt.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by shawnemily
My dogs do too!!
I think they feel the love that goes in them and they want to suck it all up in case you give them away!!! :)
Hahahahah! And probably true! :lol:
Old 07-21-2011, 06:28 AM

Dogs do it too. I recently made a quilt for my DH who is a truck driver. After laundering it and the matching pillow cases I folded them and laid it on the back of the couch as I was gathering his things to go out on the road. I turned around to get something and when I turned back around one of our dogs was already laying on it. They all three took a turn. Our couch is about 12' long so it was no accident that they all chose that spot. I don't know why they do it but they also love clean laundry. My 13 yr old will pull it down to the floor and lay on it.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:31 AM

My little dog has her own basket on the floor next to my sewing table. When I go down towork, she is right there with me watching my every move. The cat on the other hand, must rest on the ironing board.