Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
E Burns Lovers Knot quilt - How you made it? How hard? >

E Burns Lovers Knot quilt - How you made it? How hard?

E Burns Lovers Knot quilt - How you made it? How hard?

Old 07-21-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Robinlee
The year I did this, I was working on 2 quilt tops at the same time and got them both done in 5 weeks. That is only working on themafter work (5pm) till about 10pm each night about 5 nights a week. So I don't see why it couldn't be done in even less time. Pretty easy directions as are always the way with Eleanor Burns. and I did the super King size with added length to go over pillows.
Wow! I like the colors in that quilt.
:-D It goes great in that bedroom too. It's amazing how this quilt looks so diffrent with all the diffrent colors schemes it can be made in. Huggies, Fay
Old 07-21-2011, 08:12 AM

Found the video. Wow, this is a wonderful quilt. I'll add it to my "to do" list also.

http://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponlin...ay.asp?i=18990
Old 07-21-2011, 08:25 AM

Thanks for all of the positive feedback from everyone about the Lover"s Knot. I would like to try one now. I love E. Burns methods of stitching and piecing. We are fortunate to get her show on Sundays in this area. Thanks to the ladies who posted pictures because being a newbie, I didn't know what it was.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
Found the video. Wow, this is a wonderful quilt. I'll add it to my "to do" list also.

I just watched this video and it is easy!! Thanks for posting it!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:15 AM

I made one two years ago as a wedding gift...colors chosen by the bride (very modern decor). Mine was a "lap quilt" (which I could call a cuddle quilt -- big enough for two). Wasn't prepared to do a huge bed quilt.

I was pretty new at quilting so I tied the quilt in addition to hand-quilting hearts in some parts of the quilt (sure wish I'd taken better pictures). Actually I can't remember if I SITD but probably not.

Lover's Knot
[ATTACH=CONFIG]229746[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-229740.jpe
Views:	61
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	229746  
Old 07-21-2011, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbinchick
Originally Posted by Robinlee
The year I did this, I was working on 2 quilt tops at the same time and got them both done in 5 weeks. That is only working on themafter work (5pm) till about 10pm each night about 5 nights a week. So I don't see why it couldn't be done in even less time. Pretty easy directions as are always the way with Eleanor Burns. and I did the super King size with added length to go over pillows.
Wow! I like the colors in that quilt.
:-D It goes great in that bedroom too. It's amazing how this quilt looks so diffrent with all the diffrent colors schemes it can be made in. Huggies, Fay
Thanks, I started this quilt in spring of 2004, it became a UFO since the top got done. Didn't know how I wanted it quilted. Last Spring 2010, I finally did it. Turned out great, plus the house it moved into as a top, this bedroom was that color, so it worked perfectly. As I said a very easy pattern. Plan to make placements from the pattern someday.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:47 AM

I've made 3 of these, and found them relatively easy. I would suggest using her 'paste up' for your fabrics...it helps when constructing your blocks. NO curved peicing, and her directions are very good. Love the way it looks when finished as well! Good luck!
Old 07-21-2011, 10:10 AM

I have made 3 Lovers Knot quilts and the only prolem I had was picking out the fabrics. It was easy to make. Good luck and have fun.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:57 AM

I have no experience with this but good luck with it, hope it goes well.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter

:mrgreen: Thanks for finding the video! I had looked in the media section where all of her videos are, just never thought to look for it under the book description! :roll: