NOW What Do I Do??? *sob*

Old 07-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Power Poster

THIS ROOM IS SO GREAT IM SURE SOME OF US CAN HEL;P YOU IF YOU NEED HELP DONT GIVE UP IS THERE A GUILD IN YOUR AREA YOU COULD JOIN?
Old 07-21-2011, 04:08 PM

It will be an adjustment if the group doesn't meet but you can continue to learn. I just purchased Harriet Hargrave's book on Machine Quilting and am practicing over and over. My work is starting to actually look like quilting!
The on-line and you tube tutorials are wonderful. I think you may be feeling bad about the lay offs....this economy is so challenging. Your group need each other now more than ever. Blessings to you as you walk this new pathway.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:35 PM

I agree with others..
You never know, it may be her connection with all of you and the enjoyment of quilting and mentoring everyone that helps her through this all.

Having a purpose makes us feel useful and needed when you feel that you aren't otherwise.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:36 AM

Hi there, I'm kinda new to the QB myself. I have learned a ton here on the QB and also through the internet. I feel you, I am new to quilting, working on my first project now. I'd love to have a quilt buddy or a group to go to once a week or so. But, I can't get anyone interested. I've asked several good friend and it seems no one is interested. I hope you find someone or a group to participate in. I sure wish I lived closer to you. I'd be your quilt buddy and we could learn together....Good Luck! !
Old 07-22-2011, 12:24 PM

Keep the group going - do round robbin. Your house one night and so on. Also if there is a church in your area with a quilting group jump in.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:42 PM

ask your local chamber of commerce if they know any quilting groups in the area, ask you local county extension office if they know of any quilting groups in the area, ask your local churches if they have any quilt groups going you can come to, find you closest project linus group and see when or if they get together, invite some of your quilting friends to your place for a quilting party, or if you live in an apartment see if you can schedule the clubhouse for an afternoon and then put up a general invite in the laundry room for any sewers. other ideas - find out when your favorite quilt show is on tv , watch it to get you motivated and then put on some music and sew away! whatever you do, don't stop doing what you enjoy! :)