Bread maker

Old 07-23-2011, 11:53 AM

I just use any bread recipe that doesn't require more than 4 cups of flour in mine. :) But -- I do NOT bake the breads in the breadmaker.....they just don't turn out right. I get them to a point, turn them out and form into rolls or put in loaf pan, and bake in the oven.

You also have to watch the altitude you live in...I'm at 4300 feet and I have to reduce the yeast by 1/2 tsp per package of yeast or the bread will raise right up out of the breadmaker.

and I, too, shouldn't have read this -- now I want cinnamon rolls!
Old 07-23-2011, 12:15 PM

Bob's Red Mill has wonderful mixes, recipes, and helpful tips. I can buy the mixes at a local health food store, but can measure all ingredients from scratch in 5 minutes for big savings.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:53 PM

The only bread we eat, is what I make in my bread machine. Don't use mixes. I use the receipes in my book that came with the machine. I did go out and buy 6 air tight plastic containers and I make my own mixes. I just assembly line measure every thing, seal and use them when it's bread making time. When I empty the last one, out comes all the ingredients and I fill them up again. Works really good and we love the home made breads. My grand kids come to get "Hot Bread"
Old 07-23-2011, 01:59 PM

I own 3 breadmakers! One my husband bought for me before I had carpel tunnel surgery on both hands. I bought one at a yard sale for 50 cents....new in box and had never been used. The third one was my parents.....they had received it as a gift and never used it.

I love making all kinds of breads, dinner rolls, hamburger and hot dog buns, doughnuts, and my husband's favorite....cinnamon buns.

I've found numerous recipes on line for lots of different types of bread, etc.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:38 PM

You can all try - www.allrecipes.com - tons of recipes there!
Old 07-23-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by scrappylouisa
I own 3 breadmakers! One my husband bought for me before I had carpel tunnel surgery on both hands. I bought one at a yard sale for 50 cents....new in box and had never been used. The third one was my parents.....they had received it as a gift and never used it.

I love making all kinds of breads, dinner rolls, hamburger and hot dog buns, doughnuts, and my husband's favorite....cinnamon buns.

I've found numerous recipes on line for lots of different types of bread, etc.

Sounds yummy. Do you have any recipes you would care to share? On the donuts you mentioned, are you just making the dough and then deep frying them?
Old 07-23-2011, 03:55 PM

Mine just sits.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:05 PM

Mine came with a booklet and I also purchased a bread machine book with lots of recipes. I used it a lot but not lately, it is as close to homemade as I can get.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:44 PM

I use my Bread Maker often and refer to this website. it's Robin Hood and it's great. http://robinhood.ca/recipe-category.aspx?cid=53

Enjoy!
Old 07-23-2011, 04:44 PM

I use my Bread Maker often and refer to this website. it's Robin Hood and it's great. http://robinhood.ca/recipe-category.aspx?cid=53

Enjoy!