Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Other "Military" Moms will understand >

Other "Military" Moms will understand

Other "Military" Moms will understand

Old 07-25-2011, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by katykwilt
Dear Military Moms and Wives, especially those who have expressed so much love on this board,

As an ex-military wife, I'd like to thank you for your contribution to our country. You who took your child to the recruiter and cried and the way home, who took you husband/son/daughter to the base to be deployed and wept alone at night, you who raise your children w/o the assistance of a spouse. You don't receive the thanks you deserve for sharing your loved one so he/she could do their duty. God bless you and your loved ones!!!!!!
And Thank You.
I am also an ex-military wife. My ex was in doing Desert Storm and Desert Shield. Active Duty Army in Iraq or Iran during that time. I still have a hard time saying good bye. I say a special prayer at breakfast, lunch and dinner and as I get in my car to go to work.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:51 PM

My son wasn't in the service but both of my girls married Air Force men. I remember driving my future Son-in-Law to Cleveland to go to Denver for his basic training. He was only 18 and engaged to my younger daughter. We were both in tears. My other daughter married her guy several years later and they ended up in Italy for 4 years. Their daughter was 3 and their son was 5 mo. old when they left. That was really hard. I was fortunate that I was able to fly over there 4 times--the last time I was there for the birth of their second son. I'll pray for you and your family!
Old 07-26-2011, 03:27 AM

I've been in your shoes and it is not fun. Hang in there for
your son. He'll be back. Just think positive. I had 3 little kiddies in the early 60's when my DH went off to ??? knows
where.
He came back and now I hear about the places he was. He
couldn't talk about it when he returned.

God Bless your son and we'll pray for his safe return.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:36 AM

My son is a sailor and I sure miss him...
Old 07-26-2011, 09:09 AM

Hang tough! Prayers for a safe return.

I have been through my share of deployments, they all (pardon my language) suck. May this be the hardest day for you and your family.

{HUGS}

Let the countdown begin!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:42 AM

I will pray for you and every other military Mom. I am one too and after 11 years I still could cry every time he comes home and leaves again. God bleass you and those little children too.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:40 PM

My older son is in Afghanistan and it is his sixth deployment to the middle east. I am getting pretty sick of this, but the biggest problem is the time he has had to be away from his boys, ages 14 and 10. So glad they have been here with us for the summer. Gets their minds off of him being gone just a little bit. I agree with whoever said the internet is such a blessing... At least we have emails and text messages. Two months to go now, and he should be home. God Bless America and those who protect our freedom. God Bless the children who have to do without their parent while they are deployed.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:21 PM

I agree with the others. Visit! It is important. I have a son who has been gone over a year to Afghanistan-he is Navy. Hopefully, will be returning at the end of the month. I will keep you in my prayers for his swift and safe return.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:37 PM

That was very thoughtful of you Nana. Those little girls will need you a lot over the coming months for support, love and understanding.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:02 PM

This board and the support it provides is amazing.

All the other military moms/dads/families would be lucky to have a group of caring folks such as y'all are.

I've been so grateful since I've been a member for all the kind words and laughs this board has brought to me.

Thanks again :)