Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
dear Jane >

dear Jane

dear Jane

Old 07-29-2011, 10:25 AM

I just started a DJ Blue BOM in May(it runs a course of 24 months) and I am also doing a Kaffe Fassett one as well, yup, you heard right, I am doing 2 of these at the same time, lol couldn't make up my mind on the color way I wanted to do, so I decided to do them both. :P So far I have gotten the first month done, which consits of 8 blocks and 2 triangles (of each colorway). I am going to start month 2 this weekend.

I think the key to doing one of these and actually finishing it is to make sure you set time aside each week to do some blocks.

As for my other UFOs that I have going, well I have about 25 in various stages but I figure if I didn't jump in and start this project then I would never ever get around to doing it, and I really wanted to do this, I think of it as a milestone in my quilting journey.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:03 PM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by gecko
I am doing 2 of these at the same time,
Some people are just overachievers. Show off. :mrgreen:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Can you post a pic here of your blocks so far - especially the Kaffe ones? I'd love to see them. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:13 PM

Well I wish you much success. I'm another one who wants to do every BOM I see, well almost, and so its good to know I'm not the only nut. I have three BOM going right now and all twelve patterns for "Ladies of the Sea." That is one that I'm determined to finish as it is the most beautiful quilt I've ever seen.

I believe you are correct when you say that you need to be disciplined and make sure you do work on each BOM each week.

Well instead of sitting here at the computer I should get downstairs and finished the Candlequilter's Star. Of all of my UFOs that is one that will be completed by week's end.