Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do us a favor please!! >

Do us a favor please!!

Do us a favor please!!

Old 07-30-2011, 06:20 AM

yes, yes, yes....
Old 07-30-2011, 06:32 AM

I'm calling, but I've been on hold quite awhile. Since its SAturday, maybe they're just closed...?
Old 07-30-2011, 08:08 AM

I'm out in California and I called for you!! lol. My WM has no intentions of getting rid of their fabric department. In fact, they told me they ordered more displays and more fabric. yipppeeee. Anyway, I understand your frustration, so if anyone else needs calls for their area, let me know. I will be happy to put my vote in for you.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:13 AM

I think the Wal Marts in our area lost fabric sales because they got rid of the "tiny bells" and if you wanted fabric cut you had to go to auto dept. and they would announce on the speaker that someone should go to fabrics. Then that person who had been busy doing something else would come with a surly expression and often didn't know how to measure and cut and make the price sticker. Amazed me how many people didn't know fractions. They should have had my math teacher.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:37 AM

I live in a rural area, and I think a lot of us called, because when our new Super Walmart opened last month, the fabric dept was there! We had heard the threats to take it out of our small store, but our calls and emails must have made the difference. So, do your calling and emailing!!
Old 07-30-2011, 09:38 AM

waited on hold for 30min, listening to blue grass music before I gave up
Old 07-30-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Riversong
I just spoke to a Walmart rep. about bringing back fabrics,and he said the best way to get it is to call with the store you wish to have it replaced in, Here is the number,but you have to hit the right prompts and be specific about the location of your store. The number is 800 925 6278,,first press the yes I am a customer prompt.Then press the "walmart experience" prompt,then the merchandise prompt.
For anyone willing to give me a hand or people in Missouri,the store I need to carry is in Warsaw,Missouri.CALL CALL CALL!! The guy said they are responding to the demand and the best way is if they are aware of what we want...Lets DO IT!!!!!
If you call leave a yes here,and we can look for ourselves and kind of keep tabs!!!
I just called about the store here in Warsaw, MO and was told that she doesn't have a list of stores that will be getting the fabric back in the 4th quarter of this year, but all that had it before should be getting it back. Guess we just wait and see.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:54 AM

Our local Wal Mart has a sm. fabric dept. but you have to run all around the store looking for somebody to cut. Even the (ring for help) bell is missing but they said they think somebody took it.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Pat G
Our local Wal Mart has a sm. fabric dept. but you have to run all around the store looking for somebody to cut. Even the (ring for help) bell is missing but they said they think somebody took it.
Maybe the person who cuts the fabric???? :D
Old 07-30-2011, 11:19 AM

My WalMart has begun carrying bolts of fabric, but when I was there the other day all they had was a few bolts of yellows & pinks, hoping they will stock more in the coming days! Yes I will call the number as well for you....