Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Rhonda's Star Finished! >

Rhonda's Star Finished!

Rhonda's Star Finished!

Old 05-28-2009, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Originally Posted by kd124
Beautiful quilt. Love your color choices.

Rhonda--do you suppose that was Cathy's Clown that came running to you? LOL (no offense to other Cathy/Kathys)
LOL, I hope not...I know the song, but the mental image of a
clown running to you...and I am going other way.
Bozo the clown scared me at three, in a field, he was gi-normous and just hovering, and there i was standing on a bridge, by my aunt's car...
yes, it was a dream...but turned me a bit off by clowns!
Still watched the show, but keep them big nosed, pasty faced, clod-hopping, big handed beasts away from me. Too weird, lol!!!!
....help me, Rhonda...help, help, me, Rhonda.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry I don't do Clowns... now miniatures I can handle if you are ever frightened by miniatures I am your gal! I'll come and take them away!!
Didn't know my comment would cause such a stir. I apoligize if you were offeneded. When I read the Rhonda thing, Cathy's Clown just popped into my head and............I just couldn't resist.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:30 PM

It is very pretty and great colors. Printed the pattern so I can try myself.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by k3n

Rhonda--do you suppose that was Cathy's Clown that came running to you? LOL (no offense to other Cathy/Kathys)
LOL - is my DH Kathy's Clown??? :D

Thanks for all the kind comments BTW!

K x
Heaven's no!!!!! Someone as nice as you would never have a Kathy's Clown for a DH! Growing up this was the only song I knew that had my name. When I was young, it upset me that the song potrayed Kathys as someone who would treat someone that way. And sorry for the highjack.

OK time to return to how beautiful your quilt is.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:43 PM

Purdy!
Old 05-28-2009, 05:38 PM

Very sweet! I love the blues! Printed it out because I LOVE pictures. You did a really nive job on this and I love the hand quilting! :lol:
Old 05-28-2009, 07:41 PM

Love it ,K. I love blue, and this one is very special! Kinda has that country French feel. And special to this board, 'cause you used Rhonda's method - and added your own twist! Congrats to both of you. I'm gonna have to try your method, Rhonda. I can see that there are LOTS of possibilities. Do I have your permission to draw some of the blocks into my EQ5 and play?
Old 05-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JoanneS
Love it ,K. I love blue, and this one is very special! Kinda has that country French feel. And special to this board, 'cause you used Rhonda's method - and added your own twist! Congrats to both of you. I'm gonna have to try your method, Rhonda. I can see that there are LOTS of possibilities. Do I have your permission to draw some of the blocks into my EQ5 and play?
Absolutely you have my permission! That is what I am striving for is to share what I learned so other quilters can play and enjoy! I couldn't live without my EQ5 anymore!!

What I do is draw the block and add it to the sketchpad. Then I change the layout so there are no sashings. I use 6 blocks across by 6 blocks down because that is what I make my hotpads with and it is my best seller so I make alot of them. So I design around this set up usually.

If you want to see the layout so the blocks are seperated you can add the sashing back in and use the bottom (you have EQ5 right?) tool on the right hand side and change all the sashing to white and you will be able to see the blocks laid out apart from each other.

If I can help just let me know!
Old 05-28-2009, 08:55 PM

Thank you Rhonda :) . I'm looking forward to playing :lol: .
Old 05-29-2009, 12:34 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n

LOL - is my DH Kathy's Clown??? :D

Thanks for all the kind comments BTW!

K x
Heaven's no!!!!! Someone as nice as you would never have a Kathy's Clown for a DH! Growing up this was the only song I knew that had my name. When I was young, it upset me that the song potrayed Kathys as someone who would treat someone that way. And sorry for the highjack.

OK time to return to how beautiful your quilt is.
No offence taken whatsoever! I was 'Chatty Cathy' when I was little after that talking doll - don't know if you had it in the US!

K x
Old 05-29-2009, 12:37 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

Rhonda - re the other blocks, I did work them out myself EVENTUALLY! LOL!

As for EQ - I don't have it so I just made a few blocks then shifted them around on my design wall til a layout started to emerge that I liked then made other appropriate blocks to complete it.

K x