Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have... >

It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have...

It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have...

Old 07-31-2011, 08:37 AM

Too funny!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:50 AM

I was a Safety coordinator for my last job and we had a company come in to work on the roof. They would not wear fall protection. So I took a piece of chalk up to the roof and handed to one guy and asked him if he and another person could go down on the pavement and do a chalk outline of his body. He looked at me in confusion and I explained that I would be to busy calling the ambulance to do it when he fell off the roof. Never had a problem with that company after that.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:26 AM

I was always very very bad in math... and go figure... my son was always very very good in math (and with computers)... the first computer we bought (he was six) the clerk stopped talking to me (as I was like a deer in headlights) and continued the conversation with my six year old son as he was nodding and asking the clerk questions... so one day when he was in middle school and I was subbing in his class (OMG... they were doing a math assignment) a student asked sweetly "could you help me with this problem" my son recognizing the "deer in headlights" said "hey, yeah Mom... help (name) with her math" and he grinned... trying to avoid being embarrassed I asked the girl "what do you usually do when you cant figure out a problem" ... she said "(my son's name) helps us"... he was all smiles and giggles.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by ncredbird
I accompanied my granddaughter to her pediatricians office visit as my son was working. After the visit we got into the packed elevator in the medical building. Everyone stood quietly as we stopped at each floor. My granddaughter, bored by the silence, announces "My grandma has worms!" and smiles all knowingly. Several people backed away from me as I said "Yes, I do" embarrassed to no end. The day before we had set up a worm farm in a container under the kitchen sink and she was so proud of them. Ann in TN
That is hilarious!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:45 AM

when my grandson was four yeas old his mother was very
upsept with him and scolding him. She said frankly you....
that is as far as she got. He said my name is Zack not
FRankly.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:08 AM

I picked up my granddaughter from school one day and she was talking about learning about "wants & needs" so I asked her for some examples. She says... I may want a juice but I need water, or I may want candy but I need a piece of fruit, I may want makeup but at your age you need makeup. Darn near wrote her out of my will on that one!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:16 AM

Several years ago when I lived alone, I went to visit my sister, 22 miles from home. As we were playing cards, her cell phone rang. She looked at it, and whispered "It's coming from your home phone!". She answered, and being the loyal sister she is, she yelled into the phone "I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, BUT YOU BETTER GET OUT OF MY SISTER'S HOUSE RIGHT NOW! I'M CALLING THE POLICE!" after several seconds she heard "meow?". I had left my cordless phone on the bed, buttons up, and my cat Bruno, had stepped on the redial button! We had to drop everything, and drive to my house to hang up the phone. (My sister was a long distance call from my house!) That call cost me almost $10! Needless to say, I never left the phone of the charger again! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Old 07-31-2011, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by charismah
When I was young and skinny....I used to wear a bikini ( this is before child bearing years)

My friends and I were playing "Marco Polo" in the pool.

Well I lost the top of my suit ( I didn't realize)...I was the blind one yelling Marco polo...so after much snickering and boy laughter...All those teen age boys yellling "Polo"..trying to get me to turn towards them. Jerks!! I was humiliated.....this story pops up every now and again during our summer camp outs because we are all still friends.....

This just made you unforgetable!

Another time I was depanced on the trampoline during high school....my short were a bit to big and one of the tall guys at the side of the trampoline pulled them down at just the right time ...so I was in my underwear in front of everyone because he had my shorts in his hands....

Humilation once again!

I experienced trauma during those high school years! I never wore those shorts again!

Again that story comes up quite often and camp outs and reunions.

Nobody can remember the positive things..only the really humliating things. oh well.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-31-2011, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by mylela1776
when my grandson was four yeas old his mother was very
upsept with him and scolding him. She said frankly you....
that is as far as she got. He said my name is Zack not
FRankly.
too funny !!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by mollymct
I was on the other side of town from where I usually do my shopping once and hit the door of our new, 2nd Wal-mart nearly running as I needed the ladies' room urgently! I rushed past a couple of people and into the stall, and in a few seconds when I was all better I realized that the shoes I could see under the wall of the stall were most definitely men's oxfords. Then I realized the people I had rushed past were not at sinks, but urinals. I did not want to leave the stall! But I calmly opened the door and walked out of the MEN'S room, making no eye contact. Never going to make that mistake again!
LOVE IT!