Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have... >

It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have...

It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have...

Old 07-31-2011, 11:09 AM

One time my DH phoned that he had car trouble and would I come tow his van home. It was about 15 miles from home. I very carefully positioned my van in front of his and he hooked on a chain. Then he told me to start off very gentle and drive smoothly so that the chain didn't jerk. OK, I do exactly that. I am driving along (by the way, it is dark) very smoothly and I'm thinking that we are going so smooth that it is like there is nothing back there. I am about half way home. Sure enough there is nothing back there! I quicky turn around and go back and DH is sitting in his van with a very black look on his face. I am about to die laughing. He attaches the chain again and we make it home with no problems. Several weeks later I asked him what was wrong with the van. He very reluctantly told me it was out of gas. I can still pass that place on the road and just bust out laughing!I am really surprised that he told me he was out of gas. You know....Mr Effecient!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 11:24 AM

Charisma as traumatic as your experiences were it's great that you can look back and laugh about it now....you are laughing right?
Long time ago, I stopped at the grocery store on my way home from work one evening. Before I got out of the car I retouched my lipstick,(never know who you may run into in the produce dept.) I used a lipliner as lipstick because it stayed on my lips longer. In the store I go about my shopping feeling real good about myself because I am getting lots of looks. You know how it is when you are feeling good about yourself, your extra friendly, happy and you have a certain self confidence in your walk. I didn't want to leave the store so I took my time getting the things I needed. Finally I left, singing all the way home in my car. When I got home, looked in the mirror and started laughing so hard I cried. Instead of using what i thought was my lip pencil in the dark
car, I used my
dark blue eye liner pencil, no wonder I was getting the looks. That was over 20 years ago, you think it was me that started the trend?
Old 07-31-2011, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by drgranny
One time my DH phoned that he had car trouble and would I come tow his van home. It was about 15 miles from home. I very carefully positioned my van in front of his and he hooked on a chain. Then he told me to start off very gentle and drive smoothly so that the chain didn't jerk. OK, I do exactly that. I am driving along (by the way, it is dark) very smoothly and I'm thinking that we are going so smooth that it is like there is nothing back there. I am about half way home. Sure enough there is nothing back there! I quicky turn around and go back and DH is sitting in his van with a very black look on his face. I am about to die laughing. He attaches the chain again and we make it home with no problems. Several weeks later I asked him what was wrong with the van. He very reluctantly told me it was out of gas. I can still pass that place on the road and just bust out laughing!I am really surprised that he told me he was out of gas. You know....Mr Effecient!!!

Mr Effecient!!! LOVE IT...out of gas...ROFLMBO !!!!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 11:50 AM

This happened years ago, when I was a teenager. We had a lamp that you could turn on by flipping the light switch on the wall. My brother was walking by and my mom asked him to flip off the light. So he did. With his middle finger.

What blew me away was that she laughed! I was positive that if I had flipped off the light, I would have gotten in trouble....
Old 07-31-2011, 11:57 AM

Good laughs!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by thequilterslink
One day i hurried out of Jo anns, hopped in the car, set the bag at my feet and looked up at a strange man staring at me.. I had got in the wrong car. We both cracked up laughing, well it was the same color and similar body style. He said My wife is never gonna believe this, I said, my husband will LOL
At least u were not like the granny in the joke who carjacked some kids,when she got in the wrong car lol.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by mollymct
I was on the other side of town from where I usually do my shopping once and hit the door of our new, 2nd Wal-mart nearly running as I needed the ladies' room urgently! I rushed past a couple of people and into the stall, and in a few seconds when I was all better I realized that the shoes I could see under the wall of the stall were most definitely men's oxfords. Then I realized the people I had rushed past were not at sinks, but urinals. I did not want to leave the stall! But I calmly opened the door and walked out of the MEN'S room, making no eye contact. Never going to make that mistake again!
roflmbo. Oh my. I think you made those mens days lol.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:04 PM

Here's one that my in-laws like to tell...

When my husband, Wade, was a very small boy, maybe 4 years old, he was given a carpenter's set of tools for Christmas. This was back in 1970 or so, and the tools were real. Everyone was laughing and talking and visiting, until my MIL thought she heard a weird noise. She shushed everyone, but the noise had stopped, so they went back to their conversations. After a bit, the weird noise started again, and she shushed everyone again, but the noise stopped before they could figure out what it was. This happened a couple more times. Then, all at once, to EVERYONE'S surprise, the Christmas tree suddenly fell over! Sitting in the corner behind the tree with his carpenter's saw in hand was Wade. He had sawed the tree down.

What else would you expect a boy to do with his brand-new saw???
Old 07-31-2011, 12:15 PM

Once I took my grandson to Jo-Anns I needed thread he was about 8 he asked me what color? I said I'm looking for invisible thread he looked at me like I was crazy!
Old 07-31-2011, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Katts 14
Once I took my grandson to Jo-Anns I needed thread he was about 8 he asked me what color? I said I'm looking for invisible thread he looked at me like I was crazy!
I can just see that.
Kids have such a different thought process at that age.