Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric price >

Fabric price

Fabric price

Old 07-31-2011, 05:23 PM

Glad I have my big stash!!
Old 07-31-2011, 05:30 PM
Suz

We have several Mennonite quilt shops which we visit and always go as a group. The Mennonites are great people and have kept their prices down. I think they make their profit on volume. You most always have to stand in line to check out. We have to travel 45 minutes plus but worth the savings at checkout. One even has a punch card for additional savings. Not so for gas though, but do not complain as we get over 30 mpg.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by doll-lady
i want to see a picture of your gypsy wagon. i saw one at an antique store a few years ago still intact with alot of the stuff. i never thought of doing a quilt.
Originally Posted by Rosyhf
Hoffman's of Paducah had a nice sale on the other day with free shipping. I bought some gypsy fabric that I needed for my gypsy wagon. Sign up for their sales, it's worth it and they have primium fabrics. I hardly need fabric, my statsh is tremendous lol...but for certain project if the price is right, I will go for it.

I did mean Hancock's lol.....the Gypsy Wagon is a quilted Gypsy Wagon, pattern by Arly Berryhill....I will start that as soon as I finish Snake River.

http://www.arleyberryhill.com/id2.htm

Scroll down....
Old 07-31-2011, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by lscho4jm
Originally Posted by Rosyhf
Hoffman's of Paducah had a nice sale on the other day with free shipping. I bought some gypsy fabric that I needed for my gypsy wagon. Sign up for their sales, it's worth it and they have primium fabrics. I hardly need fabric, my statsh is tremendous lol...but for certain project if the price is right, I will go for it.
Do you have a website for them? I cannot find them.
Sorry, I did meant Hancock's
http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/

I don't buy coordinating fabrics. I just buy the main pretty fabric and use my stash with it, to me it's more interesting....
Old 07-31-2011, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by fhcorliss
You'll have to post a picture of your project. Our quilt group is making a bug jar quilt for a raffle to help the Peace Valley Nature Park.
I made two bug jar quilts when it was the rage on the web. I made just the plain bugs and then I made the one with the actual pp bugs on top of the jar.

When my friends came to visit me from Australia and told me how much the fabric would cost there and they so wanted to make the bug quilts...I shared my bug stash with them and didn't even make a dent lol.....
Old 07-31-2011, 06:36 PM

And with cotton being one of the biggest crops grown in TX and them having a drought, it will probably just go higher.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:19 PM
Dee

Thank goodness for stash.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by loves_2_quilt
Fabrics are going WAY up, I'm glad I have a stash too.
Why are fabrics going up?
Old 07-31-2011, 10:05 PM

I haven't been in JoAnn's in quite awhile as every time I go to use a coupon, all the fabric in the store is already on sale and the coupon can not be used so why bother. Our LQS (we only have one) has been having a bin with bolts of fabric marked down to $3.99 a yard. Good quality fabric with a wonderful price.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:31 AM

Luckily, for me I'm a scrap quilter...I always bought fabric that caught my eye...I've also bought a few coordinated kits, so all I have to do is shop my stash. I did recently buy some 110" muslin for backings as you can get a few quilts from it.
My LQS fabric is right around $10 a yard...she tries to keep it low as it is a small town, and she can't compete with the higher prices...this way she sells more.