Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-31-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by Candace
Originally Posted by buslady
You say "addiction" like it's a bad thing. LOL
Yes, if I had a shrink ray to make these machines smaller I could hide them easier!
You don't need a shrink ray Candace, you need MORE machines! That way the guys don't even notice a new one! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love your thinking!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
yeah? I ain't laffin' there are some out here who won't figure it out that easy... I wants to know.
ummm... yah - for the life of me I can't make a metal picture appear of what a machine boss might possibly look like :oops:
Old 07-31-2011, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by shnnn
yeah? I ain't laffin' there are some out here who won't figure it out that easy... I wants to know.
ummm... yah - for the life of me I can't make a metal picture appear of what a machine boss might possibly look like :oops:
http://www.treadleon.net/sewingmachi...motorboss.html is where you can find a picture of the motor boss. I just had to look and see. LOL
Old 07-31-2011, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by melinda1962
Originally Posted by shnnn
http://www.treadleon.net/sewingmachi...motorboss.html is where you can find a picture of the motor boss. I just had to look and see. LOL
Well - now I know what a machine boss is. Bummer. I don't know where I could find a hand crank for the Minnesota.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:41 PM

I got this last week:> It's a 185K. I've cleaned it up, it needed it. and it looks all nice and shiny. This is the photo taken at the sellers place, but I jumped on it when I saw it listed on CL. It looks better now, but I don't have a new photo. I sewed all day on it last week and it does a nice straight stitch. Another fun one to play with. It came with the carrying case that needed a good cleaning too, but it works perfect.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-234678.jpe
Views:	199
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	234684   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-234679.jpe
Views:	197
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	234685  
Old 07-31-2011, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
I got this last week:> It's a 185K. I've cleaned it up, it needed it. and it looks all nice and shiny. This is the photo taken at the sellers place, but I jumped on it when I saw it listed on CL. It looks better now, but I don't have a new photo. I sewed all day on it last week and it does a nice straight stitch. Another fun one to play with. It came with the carrying case that needed a good cleaning too, but it works perfect.
The folks here say to jump on a 185 if you find it. I can imagine it is pretty all cleaned up. It is amazing how neat they turn out.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:20 PM

Candace, I see that your bobbin tire is green, but I can't tell if your belt is green also. Mine are and were in good shape too. I took them off and replaced them with new ones and put them away for some time in the future in case I might want to sell it. You cannot buy them in that colour and don't see them still on the machine very often.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:49 PM

I feel just about as stupid as the time my daughter told our friend her cat (stray wondered in) had tumors. (I knew nothing about the whole deal) The friend came right over, asked where the tumors were and my daughter lifted the cats tail and said right under there... male cat
hahaha I love that.. love kids they say the darnedest things
Old 07-31-2011, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by oldhag
Candace, I see that your bobbin tire is green, but I can't tell if your belt is green also. Mine are and were in good shape too. I took them off and replaced them with new ones and put them away for some time in the future in case I might want to sell it. You cannot buy them in that colour and don't see them still on the machine very often.
Really? That's good to know. Yes, the belt is greenish too. Maybe I should do the same? Are the original tires and belt worth more?
Old 07-31-2011, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by BrandyMcCoy
These are two of my many machines...
Gorgeous White! Have fun with them both!