Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How to do irregular strips for landscape quilts? can you help? >

How to do irregular strips for landscape quilts? can you help?

How to do irregular strips for landscape quilts? can you help?

Old 08-01-2011, 08:01 AM

Hi, I am not much on curved lines. I have just tried it recently.But you draw your curved line on your first piece of material and cut it then use that as a guide for the cutting of you next piece of material that you want to attach. You wouldn't have to make them all the same length. You could make the third strip longer and attach it to the fist piece. Figure out how wide you want your first strip to be and then cut it that width. You might alternate the length of the other strips so you fill in the length and width of your project. You might want to applique your strips together to get the curves effect you want.
Henri
Old 08-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Henriellen Kibler
Hi, I am not much on curved lines. I have just tried it recently.But you draw your curved line on your first piece of material and cut it then use that as a guide for the cutting of you next piece of material that you want to attach. You wouldn't have to make them all the same length. You could make the third strip longer and attach it to the fist piece. Figure out how wide you want your first strip to be and then cut it that width. You might alternate the length of the other strips so you fill in the length and width of your project. You might want to applique your strips together to get the curves effect you want.
Henri
You can simplify that a little .... set the two pieces one on top of the other, right sides up, and cut thru the two of them at the same time. Perfectly matched curves ... then flip together and do your curved seams down the length.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
Look for a book called Accidental Landscapes. It explains this very well.
I just got this book today! with this and the other suggestions I am going to give it a go. thanks for the support!

Stephanie