Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-01-2011, 05:23 PM

count me in, I just started the "crack the fat loss code" today.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by pnptrapp
Wow this thread has really taken off! I'm in again for August!
I know,I went to check it out and there was already 11 pages then.And a LOT of new ones.That's good.Will keep us all on our toes.Already the 'mood' has changed!We'll do a lot better this month,I know.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:51 PM

Wow, if I count right, there are already 99 people signed up! Wish I could meet you all.

I wouldn't mind winning the fabric but I already feel like a winner. I'm here on this site, for one thing. Secondly, I finally broke a barrier and lost 2 pounds before starting this. Lastly, I paid off Visa today. Woohoo. This month is starting out very well. I wish you all the best.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:52 PM

I'M IN. NEED LOTS OF HELP. I STARTED BUT NEVER MAKE IT TO THE FINISH LINE.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:09 PM

New Here, PLEASE SIGN ME UP !!!
Old 08-01-2011, 07:07 PM

Welcome to all the newbies.

Keep the faith, you are in control and losing the weight.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:01 PM

WOW! 12 pages! and it's only the 1st! Please count me in again. I need to make up for lost time from last month.....or should I say UNlost time.:)
Old 08-01-2011, 09:05 PM

DIdn't work out today, but I did weigh in. I've gotta get back on schedule. Got a workout date with my buddy at 7am!

think I'm going to have a bad weigh in in the morning. Determined to loose more weight this month! I've already started meeting a lot of my quilting goals... hopefully it'll rub off for weight loss as well.

Any word on the winner from July yet?
Old 08-01-2011, 10:53 PM

Ok,well looks like a pep rally and we're ready to get started.Welcome to all the new losers.As MJ said,we chit chat a lot and encourage one another here on this thread.Do chime in and if you need help,ask.We all need help or we wouldn't be here.This thread works because we get to talk about our issues and feelings.We also struggle.It's not easy to lose weight.We have to be diligent and work very hard,and stay with it and not give up,even if you gain 5 pounds or so,that's ok.Just get back on and keep going.I'm proof you can do it.We all mess up,it's not a race,but a way of life.We want and need to be healthy.Weather it's 2 pounds a month,or 10 pounds.Everybody does genuinly care about one another here.This will be my 3rd month.I lost 3 pounds last month,but is 3 pounds less that I started. which is great.At least I'm headed in the right direction.Down!.We got to get serious and mean business.Don't be eating this,then that,and the wonder why your not losing.You know better than to eat some of that stuff.I do too.I have to tell myself NO all the time.I can't have a bunch of things around me,or I'll eat it.So,I just stick to the plan.That way,I don't have any problems.Mine was portion control and lower calories.I know for a lot of you you have dieted most if not all your lives.For me,diets don't work.I lose 20,then gain back 35.That is how I got to 250 pounds 4 yrs ago.I've lost 93 pounds from 250 to 157 in 4 yrs.It is slow going.I see-sawed and screwed up a lot but always got back on track and kept going.I am doing the TV dinners with a green salad,and no bread and drinking 1 gallon of water a day.But I also live in the desert on the Mexico border outside Yuma,Az.And it's very hot and humid here too.So need the extra water.Anyway,I just got sick and tired of being fat and decided to get it off no matter what I had to do.I had to break old bad eating habits,toss the junk food out,and watch what went in my mouth and I was very dogmatic about it.It was a life style change,and will be a life long.As after I get to my goal,I will have to keep it off and not gain it back.That will be the hardest part for me I'm afraid. MJ said,and Irishrose,that you can X your goal weight by 10 or 11 and that will give you your calorie intake to lose the weight and so you can make it to your goal weight.Like mine,we'll say 140 is my goal.X 10 = 1400 calories for each day to get me to the 140 pound goal weight.I eat the TV dinners,breakfasts,from Walmart.It's a no brainer.A box for breakfast,lunch,and dinner,and maybe a snack like fruit.I know it may not be for everybody,but has and is working for me.93 pounds down.There are other plans on here too.Lynne is doing the 17 day diet and has lost a bunch of weight on it.You need to find what works for you and stay with it,no matter what.For you who can not exercise,like me,as my bones are shot and I'm in pain daily,but still manage to do things,just not exercise.I eat foods that burn calories.You can google that to see what you like.There is a huge list,and so you can switch it around.Myself,I like the red hot dried peppers like on the pizza shop,I sprinkle them on my foods and it breaks a sweat in no time and burns lots of calories.There is also a huge list on google of foods that make you full and will keep you full in low calories.Or appetite suppressent foods.If I can do it,you can too.So,Lets get this weight off once and for all and lets'"GET ER DONE"!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 11:16 PM

For you who want tickers,I just got mine tonight too.I went to 'myfitness.com'And got a user name and a password and joined.Then I clicked on the 'tools' tab.There you will see the tickers.Pick a back ground color,or have a personal picture,then pick your slider,then continus and pick if you want weight lost,or weight to lose,then underneath "copy" where it says to for your forum signature.Then go to your 'profile' here on the board.Then find your profile and 'paste' that there.It will then be updated and on your threads.It is self explanitory on the fitness website and did walk me through it.So,give it a try.And if you still need help,let us know here and some one will help you get it on.Good luck losers.I am losing weight,I am losing weight,I am losing weight,Yes!!!!!!!!Keep telling yourself this too and posting it too,and believe it.As nancia says.we're all paddling this boat together,and as mary says,we're going to let the skinny girls out!!YES! WE CAN!!!! This is a great month for losing weight.