Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Please help....machine going out of window...!!! >

Please help....machine going out of window...!!!

Please help....machine going out of window...!!!

Old 07-30-2011, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Little RoO
Hi if anyone does have the Janome 6600P please can they tell me what is written on the darning foot...mine has the letter P but the book mentions it being a P2...wondering if I have the right foot....would really appreciate your help
My FMQ foot has 'QB-H' on the back of it. I have the Horizon which has - I think - superceded the 6600P, but I thought the quilting foot was the same.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:48 AM

I have the Janome 6600. There are two or three other FM feet available for your machine, also a seperate bobbin case with a blue dot on it instead of a red dot. Also don't forget to turn the round knob at the left top side of your machine to 0. This controls the foot pressure. I love FMQ on mine.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Power Poster

Make sure that once you put the darning foot, which is usually the one for FMQ, you drop the feed dogs so that you can easily move the quilt around. This time you do the moving instead of the pressure foot or quilting foot, it takes some getting used to.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:45 AM

you should relax, did you see Zaras' wedding, now start from the beginning with the instructions check each step and adjustment
Old 07-30-2011, 11:51 AM

I don't know if you have to do it, but on my Bernina I also have to set the stitch length to 0.

Sounds like a lot of good information here. Good luck getting your problem sorted out.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:09 PM

Hi...I have just bought a new to me Janome 6600...and everything is wonderful until I decided to have a go at free machine quilting....I think the problem is the way that I am attaching the P foot....it appears to be well over 1/2 an inch off the fabric and doesn't pick up...please help.....it is midnight here in the UK and I have been trying to sort this since 9pm......tired and not going to be till I sort it or machine lands in next doors garden !
My Janome is a 4800 but I was having the same trouble you are having until I attached the foot so that the metal extension on the right was above the needle screw. After I figured that out, I still wasn't any good at FMQ but I couldn't blame the machine. froggyintexas
Old 07-30-2011, 06:59 PM

Are you lowering your feed dogs?
Old 08-02-2011, 12:51 AM

Hi...I have just bought a new to me Janome 6600...and everything is wonderful until I decided to have a go at free machine quilting....I think the problem is the way that I am attaching the P foot....it appears to be well over 1/2 an inch off the fabric and doesn't pick up...please help.....it is midnight here in the UK and I have been trying to sort this since 9pm......tired and not going to be till I sort it or machine lands in next doors garden !
The 6600 have another lift which makes the feet go higher so it is easier to put the quilt under. Check and see if you have not lifted it too high. I have done it so you can very easily lift the foot higher with out thinking. Also use the same breed of cotton top and bobbin so it works better. I found out also when I had problems. Good Luck.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:06 AM

They do ride high and you also have to lower the feed dogs