Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fun Halloween Block Swap ....      In the mail everyone!!.. >

Fun Halloween Block Swap .... In the mail everyone!!..

Fun Halloween Block Swap .... In the mail everyone!!..

Old 08-02-2011, 03:34 AM

I can't wait to see what comes in the mail
Lots of choices and lots of playing with layouts
Old 08-02-2011, 05:15 AM

These went in the mail yesterday (Monday), let us know that you received them, Thanks, this was fun.

Happy Halloween...........

Originally Posted by Robinlee
These will go out on Monday, August 1st. 9 1/2" squared Crazy Pumpkins. 2 sets of 6.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:24 AM

I wanted to do this swap but missed sign ups. I will look foreward to next years swap.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Originally Posted by katvert
ooo... this one sounds soo cool, Halloween is huge in our house.
I really want to do this one, but will put it on the back-burner for now. (nursing school graduation is in 6 weeks and I need to study)
I forgot to ask ... How did the nursing school go Katvert? Did you graduate?
I couldn't resist going through the old posts to look at all the beautiful pictures and came across this one and realized I never answered you.

I did graduate nursing school in early June... YAY... it is my third degree and by far the hardest. So now I am studying and will take my license exam within the next month or so and I will be an real RN. (guess that means I will need to get a real job)
... about 2 weeks after graduation I had an ankle surgery to repair three ligaments that had been torn for years. Which set me back even farther, since I couldn't walk on it AT ALL for 3 weeks.

But I am so glad I was able to find the time to get these out (sorry it was so close to the deadline, my package is on its way and should be there in the next few days) I would have been so sad if I hadn't been able to participate - Halloween is huge in our house. I have already started working on my 5 year olds costume (and he has the next few years planned out in his head already)

All the pictures look so wonderful and I am so excited to see which ones I will get back even of I still have to wait another month. Everyone did such a wonderful job.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:20 AM

These are cool!
Originally Posted by pjnesler
Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Woo Hoo thanks cbridges!!

We lost three swappers so far, but that is ok. Now we are on a roll as far as the sending people goes. Thanks to the people who have let me know they won't be sending.
Sorry to hear we lost a few swappers on this FUN SWAP - I was only going to send 2 sets, but decided to fill the mailer and have made 4 sets! I'm always looking for interesting Halloween patterns & fabric, not always that easy to find - I love primatives for Halloween.
My blocks will be in the mail tomorrow! I sure look forward to recieving some back, and the completed projects ;)
Old 08-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Power Poster

O M G!! katvert You did?? Cogratulations to you... a new RN! You did it! I am so proud of you. That is some hard work girlfriend. Ya gotta respect all those years of hard work.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Power Poster

I recieved oldcatlady,skitter, and C Bridges22's blocks today! Woo hoo we are getting closer!!

To my count there is seventeen yet to come in...
Old 08-03-2011, 06:14 PM

I bet you are having lots of fun going thru all the blocks!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

Actually cathy,
I have them all in two huge bins awaiting the rest of the blocks. I open them and check how many are in there and if the sizes are close and if there are name tags on them and the blocks and if the postage is on the return envelopes. I read any notes in the package and mark the front of the envelope with the amount of blocks and the user name. Then I come in here and let you all know that they made it here. Then return them to the bins.

My mail comes in the late afternoon, so then it is time to start dinner. LOL!

It is fun to see the blocks all made up when I check them though. There are so many styles of blocks, that it is neat to imagine making them.

Soon I will be knee deep in blocks switching them out and sending them on to you all. We just need the rest of the swappers packages here to do that.

Red
Old 08-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Power Poster

Well the mailman made a liar out of me this morning! He came a couple minues ago....

I recieved packages from Karen, katvert, and pjnesler today. I just love your blocks girls. I can't believe how many wonderful halloween fabrics there are!!

It is going to be hard to find a block in all of the blocks I have recieved so far that are not darling to swap out to everyone. (I hope you remember that the small blocks were voted in. You might get one in your packages.)

Wait until you see these blocks! They are great!