Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-02-2011, 09:03 AM

This swap is so much fun! I just read the last 3 pages and I see candi is at it again...All you new swappers if you don't get an answer to your questions or concerns from here on the thread then feel free to send me a private message and I will answer you asap! I am usually pretty fast in sending an answer.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
This swap is so much fun! I just read the last 3 pages and I see candi is at it again...All you new swappers if you don't get an answer to your questions or concerns from here on the thread then feel free to send me a private message and I will answer you asap! I am usually pretty fast in sending an answer.
Yes Lori you are a very good hostess.And yes Candi is at it again.Mary
Old 08-02-2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by mimom
I sure wish I had known how hard it is to hand embroider letters before I started it on this mug rug, geez.... had to pull out the "W" at least 4 times
I guess this eliminates me cause I don"t have a W or M in my name. It's the personal touch that is appreciated not perfection :-D
Old 08-02-2011, 11:23 AM

Dear SP,
Your package should arrive by Friday, hopefully you like what I sent you. And since I know many of you are watching, here are my hints:
Fall colors are your favorite, Christmas is your favorite holiday and you love vintage reproduction. Is it you?
:mrgreen: You'll know by Friday!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Swap Hosts

Just got back from shopping for my SP who enjoys sweet treats that melt. She also enjoys the containers that beverages come in so I am hard at work making mug rugs in her favorite colors ... which are ... not pink, not purple, but ... :mrgreen:
Old 08-02-2011, 11:43 AM

I just mailed my package to my Secret Pal! She lives in a state that has the same name as a famous song! And I think she and I have the same sewing machine! Betcha can't guess who it is!!
Oh, and it should be delivered on Thursday. So keep a watch out for it!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by koko
Bad news for my secret pal today...I made the cutest pin cushion today for her, filled it with rice, sewed the bottom and left it on the dining room table. Came back a little later and it was missing....thief was my dog - can you believe she ate the rice part? :evil: and left the fabric part under the table. I wanted to send her off to the dog pound for the day...so I guess I have to make another one tomorrow and get it mailed quicker.
My dog ate my high school graduation VCR tape. My little sisters wanted to watch it, so they stuck it in their pockets and went outside and it fell out of one of their pockets. My mom looked out the window the next day and saw something all over the lawn and didn't know what it was and went outside and see what it was and it was VCR tape and then she saw the chewed up VCR tape with dog teeth on it that said high school graduation and was like: OH NO!!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:51 AM

ok, sp the "W" looks better, not perfect but better and the 4 1/2 ohio star was really hard for me to make, in fact I made two cause the first one was just awful. I do have to tell you, I like making mug rugs now and this one is so cute if you dont like it I will buy it off you for 10.00, lol
Old 08-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by grammynan
I just mailed my package to my Secret Pal! She lives in a state that has the same name as a famous song!

:idea: New York, New York, it's a helluva town ... la la la ...

Going to camp out by my mailbox now :D
Old 08-02-2011, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by soniboo
Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
Ok so I go shopping today for that something special for my SP. I hit all my fav spots to shop......CAN'T find anything...... @#*#@*&%@*. Any other time I can find this particular thing everywhere but just cause I AM looking for it.......so after much frustration and a few other things to add to her pkg I got home and made her something.... :-)
It's gonna be a humm dinger of a pkg so hope she likes it.

Oh and by the way somewhere in the above is a hint about something my SP likes and thats all I'm gonna say about that..
I know! I know! I had to go back and read it a second time but I got the hint! Rats, it's not me :(
Must be dense this morning, I don't get it:x ,haven't finished my cup of tea yet, I should come back to read this later.
Myrna, anyone getting any of your handmade items is a lucky one.
Not sure, but is the clue in humm dinger?
I didn't find it either.Ever since candi said 3 of us loved fabric everyone is jumping on the band wagon.I think they are just saying that so they can get our fabric!! lol. My pal likes fabric and chocolate and does quilting! Guess who it is??? Mary
Now, that really is me :XD: :XD: :XD: