Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID? >

What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID?

What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID?

Old 08-03-2011, 11:00 AM

I am addicted to Orange Sherbet...
Old 08-03-2011, 11:04 AM

mine came about because it stands for Marge in charge from Pa. Seems like over the years when I was involved in any organization I tended to end up being in charge of certain things. So my son stuck that name on me. So I shortened it on my web pages to MIC-Pa.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:08 AM

my name is judith but am called judy. when i meet people who remember movies form the 1940's, they often smile and quote what they think is a cary grant line from the movie, "only angels have wings," with rita hayworth playing a character who went by both judith and judy. truth is -- cary grant never said, "judy judy judy", in that film or any other. he only said the name once when used in the film, but the way he said the name was comical, "juday." impersonators are the ones that started judy judy judy. so --- i chose judyjudyjudy as my id to bring a smile and a memory of cary grant (one of my favorite actors) to the other board members.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:10 AM

Some of my grandkids call me LALA, and one calls me Lolly. Lollygagging because I frequently dawdle on this board instead of getting off my dusty butt and quilting!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Nolee
It's my real name but with a different spelling than I was born with. It was Noelly, but everyone called me No-elly and it is pronounced No'-lee, so when I was 40 I changed it. I was born a week before Christmas so instead of calling me "Christmas Carol", as they planned, they went with the Noel part of Christmas and added an "ly". At least with Christmas Carol, I could have been called Chris. I've always hated my name which is why my four daughters have very common names.
Nolee, is beautiful as I am sure you are. My middle name is really bad. I can't believe I am doing this.....I was named after a family member, who had a bad case of Likes to Drink too much.......and I was told that I was just like her growing up, not by my Mother, but lots of others.......LaMerle. Now that I told you, Please forget it. I never tell any one. Seriously a really good friend is seriously ticked at me because I told Her just call me "loophole" and I even asked my Mother not to tell her. I would change it to Mary LeeEllen Nash if I could. Lee was my Grandfather's name and Ellen was Mother's favorite Aunt. I would love to change it.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:13 AM

Oh so many years ago when I was in high school, there were several of us girls named Linda that were pretty good friends. It got so complicated, that we started referring to each other as Linda B or Linda T or Linda H - using the first letter of the last name. At the time I was a Linda T and my best friend was Linda B. After getting married I became a Linda B and she became a Linda C!!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:21 AM

I'm Adri's grandma
Old 08-03-2011, 11:23 AM

Count me in as one of the boring board name people! Mine's pretty obvious and non-creative.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:25 AM

well, everyone calls me grandma, but I thought I needed to add my name because I'm sure there are lots of grandmas on here.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:36 AM

Since I live and sew in Oklahoma I decided SewOk was a great screen name.