IS DH a K*E*E*P*E*R

Old 08-03-2011, 08:48 AM

In my next life, maybe, I hope.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:53 AM

Mine does most of it. Doesn't dust, but keeps up with the vacuuming and mopping, does laundry, has always done his own ironing, cooks on demand. He is a keeper for sure!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:55 AM

My DH does almost all of those things. I have had him for 38 years and trained him well. He is definitely a keeper and cannot be replaced. Besides all that, I love him!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:31 PM

OK - I'm sending my other half to your house for lessons!!!!
Mine asks when supper will be ready; He offers to get the vacuum out for me; he leaves his clothes laying around although he will put them in the wash but leaves them in the dryer for me to fold and put away; He writes his name in the dust on the furniture; but....he does help with groceries, doesn't complain about my stash (much) and buys me whatever I want. Thinking about asking for maid service for a year as a xmas gift!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:09 PM

I thought you were describing my DH. He is real. He even locates fabric shops for me when we travel. He carries in my fabric. Washes it for me. Cooks meals while I am sewing. Sorry ladies he doesn't have a brother.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:17 PM

Sorry about that, but he married ME. Everything including the "helps me sew" part. He will comment favorably on things I've done, but he doesn't really help an awful lot.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:31 PM

When a couple of the women in my quilting sessions start complaining about their husbands, I just think---I am truly blessed with mine.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Zhillslady
LOL what a hoot. My daughter suggested now that I'm single again I date a man that likes to quilt so we'd have that in common. I asked if she takes drugs. Can you imagine a man that wanted to use your stash or your sewing machine, or rulers or ???? I don't think so.
If you found a man that already was a quilter, he should have his own stuff-you could work side by side, admiring each other's work and giving suggestions! I would share, though-I have enough to run a class, and would just be happy he was even interested! Even if he didn't have his own rulers, etc, why wouldn't he use yours??? Mine constantly takes my turkey baster to use in the garage!!! I have told him (and my sons) to KEEP THAT ONE, I will buy another, but somehow they ALL end up in the garage!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:41 PM

My hubby does a lot of the things that you listed. He doesn't do the house work anymore, due to him not being able to now, but use. He does sew with me sometimes when he feels like it. Mine is a KEEPER.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:00 PM

Mine scores about 95%. He is definitely a keeper especially after 47 years of marriage. :-D