Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-03-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
oh, mj! i'm shocked! thank goodness you are 'ok'. and God definitely is keeping his eye on you! please, get and stay well!! we love you and don't want to lose you.
I 2nd that!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:46 PM

I only weigh myself once a week. That way I don't get discouraged. I have done good today. It is veggie time fresh from the garden. yum yum
Old 08-03-2011, 07:19 PM

9LBS 7.6 OZ IT'S A GIRL !!!!! 5:52 CST 20 1/2 " APGAR 8 & 9
NO NAME YET
congratulations1111 That is wonderful. I remember our first grandchild so very exciting. Now to go see her in person. Kid anyone wake dad and tell him the new?
Hugs and Blessings to Mom and BABY and
Grandma and Grandpa
Gail
Old 08-03-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
oh, mj! i'm shocked! thank goodness you are 'ok'. and God definitely is keeping his eye on you! please, get and stay well!! we love you and don't want to lose you.
I 2nd that!
My thoughts too. Take care you will be in my prayers
Old 08-03-2011, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by dotlette
I only weigh myself once a week. That way I don't get discouraged. I have done good today. It is veggie time fresh from the garden. yum yum
I only weigh once a week for the same reason. Wish I had fresh veggies from my garden I love them but the heat here has burned it past saving. No amount of water can save them from 100+ temps and winds.
Gail
Old 08-03-2011, 07:28 PM

MJ, that's an unexpected turn of events. I'm sorry that your health doesn't stay even or improve like we'd like it to. We need you. 12 pounds of fluid?? I feel like my elbows are being pushed away from my body with my 8 pounds, though I may have lost some today. Take care and stay in the air conditioning.

Nancia, I can hardly wait to see Little Miss No Name's round little face. My babies over 8 pounds were 22 1/2" long.

I'm taking a break from my quilt, but break time is over.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:31 PM

ya'll are so sweet! Thank you so much for caring.

I hope with this new diuretic therapy I can drop these 12 pounds. My clothes feel tight and my skin aches!

Irish, I'm worried about you. Still a little better?

I made some HST/string blocks today. Love them. Going into a quilt of valor for someone deserving.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:15 PM
elm

Sorry to hear you not so good news. Hope you feel better each day. My wish for you is that each day you see something beautiful, hear something that delights you, and enjoy something so much it makes you laugh out loud.

Originally Posted by purplemem
Not such a great report. Up 12 pounds today of fluid. Started another diuretic with weekly blood tests.

Also, last weekend when I told you I was so sick...I had a minor heart attack. Confirmed today by tests.

Go back to doc in two weeks and to hosp for tests next week.

Keep on Walking, moving and shaking. Make those pounds run away out of fear! :D
Old 08-03-2011, 08:30 PM

Yes, MJ, I am a little better. Today was definitely a turning point. Now time will undo the damage. I wish I didn't have to do the grandmother of the groom thing Friday. None of my dresses are super long so stumps for legs will be noticeable. I think skin colored band aids under pantyhose will hide the dime size sores. I'll just keep drinking water and walking the dogs on short trips and hope for the best. Darn, I forgot there's corn in rice cakes and now I'm itchy. Chlorotrimton here I come.

You be careful. It's such a fine line between doing too little and doing too much when you are in healing mode.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:09 PM

Congratulations Nancia~ How exciting, let us know when the babe is named! I went 3 days before I got my name!

MJ~ please be careful and listen to your doctors! those little ones can be a sign, we need you to stick around.

Irish~ glad that you are starting to heal. Get dark pantyhose if you can, it'll help hide the legs a bit too!

I got my pedometer and will start using it tomorrow. We'll see how many steps I can come up with. I'm not sure how they work, so we'll be playing with it for sure. By the way does anyone know where the 10,000 steps goal came from? Is that including any other working out you do, or on top of it?

Lifting tomorrow, Did another 30 min workout tonight. I"m going to for the big prize this time! Here I go!