Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Christmas is coming, Christmas is coming!!! >

Christmas is coming, Christmas is coming!!!

Christmas is coming, Christmas is coming!!!

Old 08-03-2011, 04:03 PM

These are all so cute and I think I have them all saved...thanks
Old 08-03-2011, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Beginner10
Quilting Board has very talented people!
HuumerGardenCrafts: what did you use to scent your stockings?
I used scented rice. That I scented myself. After time everything looses it's scent. What I like about this is all you have to do is drop a few drops of the scent on them. And they are as good as new. I get my scents at Walmart.
I've started labeling my scented items with the scent I used.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by HummerGardenCrafts
I used scented rice. That I scented myself. After time everything looses it's scent. What I like about this is all you have to do is drop a few drops of the scent on them. And they are as good as new. I get my scents at Walmart.
Thanks for answering. That is such a simple/easy thing to do that I think I can handle it :thumbup:
Old 08-03-2011, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by HummerGardenCrafts
I'm not positive, but I think I might of put stuffing in the toe of some, then some scented rice and then stuffing near the top. Saves on your scented rice. Some I put all rice in them.
I experimented.
Thanks for answering. That is such a simple/easy thing to do that I think I can handle it :thumbup:
Old 08-03-2011, 09:40 PM

Christmas is coming? We haven't had summer yet!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by donnalynett
Christmas is coming? We haven't had summer yet!
I live in West Virginia. We haven't had a lot of rain. Had a little today. Just enough to tease everything and everyone. The temps have been hot.
But leaves are falling. Some have a little color on the trees. The sky was a little cloudy this evening. It sure looked like fall weather here.
It won't be long.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:56 AM

I'd love to try the crocheted angel if you'd share the pattern If not....that's ok. All your ornaments are very nice.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by khurtdvm
http://stacysews.com/entry/2006/1218...ents_tutorial/

I've made these for several years now - always seem to get a good response, and they're very easy (and relatively inexpensive!).
Those are the neatest ornaments. Thanks for sharing this. I'm definatly going to make some of these!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:46 AM

Glad to see another grandmother does the ornament gifts each year. I started this with my children (2 boys) from birth on--some bought with their age/interests in mind, others handmade--and I always put the date (year) on them. It was my intention to stop once they got older, but they objected to that idea. They are now 39 and 41, and I'm doing ornaments for sons, daughters-in-law, and grandchildren. The ornaments were gifts from the Christmas fairy (like the tooth fairy) and appeared on their bedside tables on Christmas Eve morning. When the boys and their families are here for Christmas, I still place them there for them. When they aren't, I mail them on that day.

My grandchildren always get to a certain age when they wonder about this and ask why the Christmas fairy comes only to my house. Sometimes they have already checked with friends and learned she doesn't come to their houses or wondered why she doesn't come to their other grandmother's house. The fact that they have mentioned these "Christmas fairy" gifts to their little friends and others is a good indication that they've appreciated them.

When each son was getting married, I boxed up their ornaments and gave them to the bride at one of their bridal showers to use on their first Christmas tree after they married. These were a big hit with both brides, and with the guests. Often young mothers in attendance would say they were going to begin that tradition with their own children.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by MillieH
Glad to see another grandmother does the ornament gifts each year. I started this with my children (2 boys) from birth on--some bought with their age/interests in mind, others handmade--and I always put the date (year) on them. It was my intention to stop once they got older, but they objected to that idea. They are now 39 and 41, and I'm doing ornaments for sons, daughters-in-law, and grandchildren. The ornaments were gifts from the Christmas fairy (like the tooth fairy) and appeared on their bedside tables on Christmas Eve morning. When the boys and their families are here for Christmas, I still place them there for them. When they aren't, I mail them on that day.
I love the love you show for your family. I have 6 children & their spouses, & 14 grandchildren..it's a lot of work , but they look forward to it. They always check each others ornament, because like I said I try to put them, as I see them, into each ornament.Sometimes I have a little something written to go along with it, expressing my feelings about them & why they received that ornament.
I want to THANK everyone who sent ideas, I think I can now go on with Special Christmas ornaments for quite a few years!!

My grandchildren always get to a certain age when they wonder about this and ask why the Christmas fairy comes only to my house. Sometimes they have already checked with friends and learned she doesn't come to their houses or wondered why she doesn't come to their other grandmother's house. The fact that they have mentioned these "Christmas fairy" gifts to their little friends and others is a good indication that they've appreciated them.

When each son was getting married, I boxed up their ornaments and gave them to the bride at one of their bridal showers to use on their first Christmas tree after they married. These were a big hit with both brides, and with the guests. Often young mothers in attendance would say they were going to begin that tradition with their own children.