Kindles

Old 08-04-2011, 05:57 AM

Even though I have published books on all the digital formats, I still haven't bought an e-reader yet. There are just so many, I get confused as to which I should get.

Plus, I'm not much of a techie. I'm happy I know how to program my VCR. Yes, I still have one and use it all the time.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B
I personally see no reason to buy an e-reader. I now get books or other material from my local library (that is what some of my real estate tax goes to)since it is associated with a network of some sort things come from many libraries...I haven't purchased from book stores in a long time....garage sales are fun to look thru, sometimes something interesting may be there. While traveling long distances, or when sewing I do like the audio books. I guess the fact that one has to pay for "electronic books" just bothers me.....I know some are free, but I think there is a charge for others...then, of course, as everything else electronic, there will always be an "upgrade" to the system......JMHO
Garage sales where I live are simply awful. It's big business here and people shove and push. There's nothing I want cheaply that will make me deal with that. Plus, most of the used stuff smells like 90 years worth of cigarette smoke anyway.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:10 AM

I have a Kindle, Christmas present from DS, and I use it waiting to get into appointments and when our home power goes out and TV is gone. I love it and there are lots of free books to download as well from different sites.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:22 AM

kindle love it...my droid has an app for kobo. But I carry my Kindle with me every where I go. I just love it.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:31 AM

I have the Nook Color and just LOVE it, I can read, play games, get on the web, check my e-mail, listen to music, show people pictures of my grandkids. Best investment in me I've made in a long time!!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:32 AM

I have had mine for a couple of months and love it. I still go to the library and get books to hold in my hand when I want the comfort only a printed book can give. My library is expecting to have kindle capability later this year.
:roll: :idea: :D
Old 08-04-2011, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Sunflower Girl
Just curious, how many of you have kindles, nooks, or other e-reader devices.
I have a Kindle and I love it. Perfect for when we go on a trip or on an airplane.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:02 AM

I have a nook and I love it the only problem is it is taking some of my quilting time. But that will stop when I start my next project!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:26 AM

I have a nook and love it, great for vacations since I read so much. I tried the free books from Barnes & Noble, but found they were just part books or not my style, I really haven't had to buy books since my friends buy me gift cards, I just have to figure out which ones I really want and am willing to wait until they go down into the $5.00 range.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:32 AM

I have an Ipad and a Kindle. I love the Ipad for travel, for checking email and keeping up with this board. It's nice to use in the evening when I am watching TV with my husband, too.

I bought myself a Kindle for my birthday in January because of the size and ease of ordering books. I got 3G because I am sometimes at my parents or other places and don't have wireless and I am obsessive about reading. I didn't feel the need for color because of what I like to read and I still collect my quilt books. Since I read each night lying down in bed the smaller Kindle is perfect for me!