Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID? >

What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID?

What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID?

Old 08-04-2011, 01:37 PM

I retired from a man's job, where i made good money and worked like a dog and put in a lot of hrs. we kept the farm, and put 4 kids thru college, and to be a survivor, and keep your job, you had to be a 'so and so', so sewNso i was. cause now i get to do what i luv.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:52 PM

Hi,
I am actually a long time "lurker", and just joined this great board today. My ID is what my mom has always called me, a combo of my 1st and middle names, so Kiffie it is, plus some special dates added in...that is the sweet memory part...now, if she happened to use my full 1st AND middle name, I was like, uh-oh, and always hoped the phone would ring, as that would put her back to the nice calm voice, and I could hope my older brother would do something ornery, and she would forget about my "misdeed"... :mrgreen:
Old 08-04-2011, 02:25 PM

My is a combination of cats and ladybugs. I love them both.
I don't know what I would do without my cats.My boy Charlie is alway's in my sewing room with me. I just love
those little red Lady Bug's.I't seem like there always looking for somthing.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:50 PM

Wow, that's alot of pages. I've read every one, a few a day. So many people I wanted to comment on. I loved each and every story. Thanks to all that told their stories.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by redmadder
. . . Still love the smell of wet limestone, the absolute darkness and cherish the perfect circle scar on my wrist from putting my arm up in front of the carbide lamp. . . . Thanks for the memory.
There are many places in which I no longer fit, and for the health of the caves, and the difficulty obtaining it, carbide is no longer common. Until recently, I still carried my carbide lamp as an emergency source of heat, and a way to heat in-cave meals. Now, I'm a hot old lady, and all I need for heat is a plastic bag as a warm-up. I snack on a can of cold oysters or a snicker bar. (Perhaps why I have difficulties with tight places?) Come join us again.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:56 PM

My name Mama Yitu is from Gabon, Africa where I lived among the Bapounou people for 21 years. My birth name is Faith. In Yipounou, faith is "yitu". The "mama" is their reference of respect--kind of like "Miss". So....
Old 08-04-2011, 05:38 PM

My oldest grandchild is named Mies Joseph. His middle name, Joseph, is in memory of my brother who was killed in a car accident 9 years ago. My grandmother was called Nana; my Mom is called Nana; and now I am called Nana too. so now I am Joeysnana
Old 08-04-2011, 06:01 PM

I took my name because, as others have said, several names I tried were alreay taken. I love the Serenity Prayer and I know it is by grace we put those qualities in our lives. I have spent numerous years trying to respond rather than react, also, working on not "freaking out" over stressful circumstances. Naming myself Serenitybygrace is like a goal I aim at and I use combinations of those words and numbers, etc., for other passwords.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:09 PM

Not very fancy Belle was the name of the kitty my daughter gave me as a Christmas present the year I left her dad ( she could be meemers twin) Belle is my favorite princess and Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie
and she was so little she fit in the palm of my hand. We had each other for
17 wonderful years and I had to put her to sleep as she had Cancer.
Hense the name Litttlebelle.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:23 PM

Wow -- this is fun. I commented many pages ago and just finished reading to the end. Thanks for sharing -- hard to believe there are 34 pages.