Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help me win this carpenter's heart! >

Help me win this carpenter's heart!

Help me win this carpenter's heart!

Old 07-05-2011, 07:41 AM

I would suggest the Carpenters Star in masculine colors. Maybe you can find out what his favorite colors are before starting.The add a catchy label pertaining to the pattern you use. Just a suggestion....
Old 08-05-2011, 09:00 AM

Time for an update! It's been very hot and very busy here in Kansas. The first week of July I worked on packing up my house and moving to the new home. In the midst of that, I made my carpenter friend (Dale) a cherry pie. Homemade crust and all! I brought it to work and called him at the end of the day. I had to leave him a message so I just said there was a cherry pie here with his name on it and left my phone number. He called me right back and said he was working on my side of town and could be there soon. I made sure to have the pie in a glass dish which he would have to return. (That's some good old-fashioned flirting!) Of course, I didn't mention that... but sure enough HE noticed and said "oh, I'll have to bring your plate back". I just laughed it off by saying "oh, I just can't bake it in those tin ones!" (ha ha!!) He says, "I'm sorry I can't offer to sit down tonight and share a piece, but I'm going to keep this all to myself!" It was cute!

So, I wait about a week and he brings the plate back to my office. I was worried about how the pie turned out and he said yes, there was one problem. He said the pie was "this big, but it should have been THIS big" and made a large circle motion. YAY!! Then he complemented my crust- in fact, I got a "IT WAS JUST LIKE MOM'S"! YAY, again!! Then, talked a little bit.

So, I'm trying to get everything settled in the new house and time is ticking away. It's been 110 degrees for 2 weeks and way too hot to bake a lasagna. But I want to see him again, so I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies and called him again. This time, he didn't call back. I waited a day and he came to the office. There were 2 other girls up front so we all chatted awhile. (Uncomfortable!) Anyway, he started to leave, then stopped and told a very nice story... He had been with his family that weekend and his 14-yr old niece says "Uncle Dale, you look old. You need to dress better and get a haircut. Then maybe you can find a wife." We all laughed and then He said, "yeah, maybe after I get this big job done I'll get to work on that." And he looked at me and gave me a BIG SMILE! How sweet!!!

Kind of exciting, right? I may win over this bachelor man yet! By the way, I don't have any problem with the way he dresses (like the construction worker he is) or his hair (because there isn't much!). :-)
Old 08-05-2011, 09:05 AM

keep it up girl and you'll have him nailed to your heart and he'll have you glued by his side :D
Old 08-05-2011, 09:14 AM

That is such a sweet story, nothing like quilting and romance. LOL Hope everything works out! :-)
Old 08-05-2011, 09:28 AM

I love this thread! (Pun intended!) I'll be keeping a good thought for you and the carpenter and hoping it works out.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:33 AM

How fun!!! He sounds like a nice guy and those can be hard to find. :)

Good luck! :D
Old 08-05-2011, 09:38 AM

This is a great thread. Wishing you all the best in coaxing that carpenter. Sounds like a fun guy. Enjoy yourself.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:45 AM

So far, so good!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:09 AM

Since the shed he worked on is at your new home, maybe there will be some things he will need to check on and could come just in time for dinner. Or desert and coffee.
Like "Everybody Loves Raymond" and the way he met Debora minus seeing her naked. Keep us posted.
Sue
Old 08-05-2011, 04:02 PM

This sounds like the start of a wonderful love story. I am wishing for the two of you to get together, and live happily ever after !!!!!!!

Keep us updated.