Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse?  Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥ >

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

Old 08-05-2011, 09:29 AM

I have the perfect solution... My best friend and neighbor is a quilter and when we come back from a road trip we each tell our DH's that the fabric is the others and she doesnn't want her hubby to know it. Works like a charm. If he knew how much I spend on fabric he would have a conniption fit, even tho he buys every new tool on the market. I rue the day I taught him to order online. Now we both cringe when UPS shows up at the door ;}
Old 08-05-2011, 09:46 AM

My husband loves all his books and I enjoy my fabric. It's worked for 35 years.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:48 AM

I don't hide anything, he is usually by my side when I buy material. I think he knows I will be busy when his baseball, football games are on.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:50 AM

I do not hide anything from my hubby. I don't need to, he knows what I buy all the time.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:08 AM

no I just keep taking my stash up stairs and He swears the ceiling well cave in.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:17 AM

My Husband doesn't really care as long as I am happy!
Old 08-05-2011, 10:19 AM

It's not a matter of hiding fabric and supplies it's a matter of not irratating him with yet more things to clutter the house with.

My dh is very frugal. He doesn not have hobbies that cost money and he doesn't really have a problem with what I spend on my hobby but he does give me the disapponted shake of his head when I bring in yet more fabric.

I'm a "it's on sale and I'll find a use for it someday" kind of gal and he's a "don't buy it until you need it" and then only buy what you need so you have no waste.

I've learned to stop spending and only buy what I know I will absolutely use. No more "hey, it's only $1 a yard. I'll buy it all now and someday find a use for it. Even if it's the ugliest fabric I've ever seen."

Plus I sew with a group and we receive a lot of donations so I bring home bags of fabric and supplies. He does not like to see the basement aka my sewing room, cluttered with bags of stuff. So I keep it all nice a neat-ok, I try and fail miserably. When I bring in more I just add to my colletction and don't mention it to him.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:22 AM

A friend of mine drives into her garage, puts stuff in the dryer before going into the house. Her husband would never go near washer or dryer to she thinks she is safe.
I just bring it in house...he really does not even ask and we have seperate checking accounts.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:48 AM

I must be blessed with the best hubby. He even locates quilt shops when we travel. He has given me gift certificates from several shops I frequent and sits in the shop with book in hand while I shop or use the long arm! How wonderful is he?!
Old 08-05-2011, 10:58 AM

No need to hide here. DH usually goes with me and finds some fabric I hadden't even thought of. LOL