Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse?  Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥ >

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

Old 08-05-2011, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
i never do either.

our relationship is built on trust and i don't see any point in being dishonest even when its something as meaningless as fabric.
I agree, hiding is silly. I am lucky that my DH does not watch how much I spend- we trust each other. We have our own bank accounts and share the bills.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:04 PM

I am happy to say I never have to hide fabric or supplies because my husband says "whatever makes me happy makes him happy". I do think he is a real keeper.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:07 PM

Hi no i buy what i need for gifts and so on when i need the supplies of when i know i have extra cash i get a good stash going and i sure do lol, he is really retiring next aug after being a over the road driver an 18 wheeler all 48 and canada and being we are retired navy just under 30 years of service hes fretting about me to be able to keep up my sewing , i LOL and told him i always buy on the sales. Weze
Old 08-05-2011, 03:00 PM

Yup!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:19 PM

NO! I don't need his permission for what I want. I'm an adult and fully capable to decide for myself. I've worked all my life since age 6-7 in potato fields that young, and as an adult and have earned my own way single or married.

If I want something I just go out and buy it. I have a nice retirement income that arrives every month and so does he.

I do not hide anything from him. It is all out in the open and if he dared say anything.....well let's just say he knows better.

I don't mess with his toys nor question what he buys or not and he knows not to mess with mine.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:35 PM

My husband and I are retired. This summer he re-painted my basement sewing room and built me a sewing table and cutting table. he's a keeper alright. course I've kept him for 45 years and hoping for more.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by yellowsnow55
Kept the fabrics, ditched the spouse. Very happy indeed!
That is exactly what I would do if spouse suddenly started harrassing me about my buying. LOL
Old 08-05-2011, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by yellowsnow55
Kept the fabrics, ditched the spouse. Very happy indeed!
That is exactly what I would do if spouse suddenly started harrassing me about my buying. LOL
Old 08-05-2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
i never do either.

our relationship is built on trust and i don't see any point in being dishonest even when its something as meaningless as fabric.
This is a truly sensible answer and I am amazed that this question would ever be asked. The amount of interest and difference in view points is surprising. I was married 51 years before he died and no one questioned anyone about spending our money.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:45 PM

Mine is an enabler!! No hiding here.