Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
anyone ever done a hot air balloon ride? >

anyone ever done a hot air balloon ride?

anyone ever done a hot air balloon ride?

Old 08-05-2011, 01:52 PM

I've always wanted to experience one. And will...one of my son-in-laws' friends owns one, just a matter of him getting time off.

Son and his wife were married in one over Oregon, and brought us a video of it. DH was too infirm then to attend. New, very dear DIL proved to us that she promised the Love and Honor, but refused the Obey part. (She later became a cop!~) They said it was lovely up there, and the forests and rivers were lovely, except her Maid of honor was kinda green and looked like she was gonna barf over the basket!!~
Old 08-05-2011, 01:53 PM

Yes, over the Serengeti at sunrise.
It was amazing.
Not enough time though.
Could have spent the day up there.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:55 PM

I have ridden in a hot air balloon, a helicopter, soloed in an airplane, and ridden on just an airplane frame called a Breezy.My husband gets me into the scariest crap... I did really enjoy the hot air balloon ride though. Tried scuba diving, claustrophobic...hated it. Ridden dirt bikes...hated that too. I am just not a risk taker.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:58 PM

my husband and I went up in one for his birthday 40th gift from the oldest daughter. 1st appoint cancelled then they called and asked at the last minute to go up that night and it was with a group of about 40 balloons and it was a contest with weighted drops over bullseyes lots of fun one scary moment I was looking over the side when she shook the tanks thought we were going down my husband knew he saw her getting ready to do it but didn't get a chance to warn me. would do it again in a heartbeat
Old 08-05-2011, 03:23 PM

I have! It was WONDERFUL! and me afraid of heights. My husband had joined a chase crew when we lived in Albuquerque and after much persuading I went for a ride. It was heavenly floating softly above the world below. Can't wait to move back to the Albuquerque area and have another go at it.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:30 PM

When my husband was approaching 65 I gave him a ride for his birthday saying it was time for a lift. It was lovely for I went too over the wine district of CA. The second was in in Africa over the migrating wildebeests and I would go back and repeat that in a minute. Try everything, life's short. Now I am alone but still trying new things. Even quilting things!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:36 PM
KLO

When my DH turned 65, I gave him a surprise ride in a balloon. I called and made the reservations and the woman said "Your coming too, right?" I told her no that I was height challenged. She said DH would be disappointed so I ask some members of my quilt group and they said that I would not be afraid in the balloon. So .... off we went. He was really surprised when I pulled up to the balloon place. It was fantastic! Got to see a lot of our country side. Seriously, I don't like being up on a high curb but this ride did not bother me in the least. Go for it!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:12 PM

I have wanted to for years!!!!! Then they had them here last weekend for the first time in our smaller area and on the fourth ride, it crashed. Well that ended it for the day! Don't know now-but I still will dream about ever taking one.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:20 PM

My hubby went on his 60th birthday. He loved it. He couldn't believe how many spider webs there are so high up. He wants to go again for sure.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:42 PM

I'd be too chicken as I don't like heights.....blah. I am sure it is exciting for those who don't fear heights.