Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
anyone ever done a hot air balloon ride? >

anyone ever done a hot air balloon ride?

anyone ever done a hot air balloon ride?

Old 08-05-2011, 05:46 PM

I would love to go, DH not interested. Sigh, I guess I will go alone one of these days.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:35 PM

For my 27th birthday (many years ago) my boyfriend at the time surprised with a hot air balloon ride. It was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I had always wanted to do that ever since I was a little girl and would love to do it again.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:52 PM

just did it last year in new mexico at the balloon festival....one of the best things to do. very smooth ride also like to parasail
Old 08-05-2011, 08:10 PM

when I was about 75 my hubby and some of his friends gave each of us gals a card with the date of our baloon ride. It was amazing, and I loved every minute, even the landing. we saw deer, red fox, many other animals, and the quietness was so peacefull, I'd do oit agin , but cost keeps us from it now.......jacie
Old 08-06-2011, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Hosta
I just think they are so beautiful floating above the landscape I always wanted too but have always been chicken. But they look so fascinating just floating along quiet peaceful scary.
OMG yes! Did one about 16 years ago with my late hubby (who was in a wheelchair) over the Napa Valley in CA. There are no words to describe the trip - except to say it was the most wonderful feeling I have ever experienced. We landed in a school yards and the kids came running ... lol. Then we had a champagne lunch. I highly recommend it to everyone! Just be patient because you may tentatively book a day but it can be cancelled and rescheduled due to wind/weather.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Granny Quilter
I've seen the show in Albuquerque several times. beautiful! But every year someone gets hurt, so I would be afraid to try.
Any time you place that many balloons...or ANYTHING... together in such limited space, there's bound to be some incident. The capability to control speed and direction of a balloon is almost non-existent. Anyone who has a licence to fly a balloon, even if the ink on it isn't even dry yet, can fly at Albuquerque. Tooooo many people having too good a time for too many days with very little sleep... the Festival is absolutely awesome! But stick with smaller balloon rallys for safety. When I was the director of the rally in my area, pilots were required to have 100 hours of incident-free balloon flight before being invited.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:53 AM

I have been on 2 balloon rides. They are wonderful. My husband is a skydiver and of course he jumped out both times. Needless to say I came down with the balloon. Brace yourself for the landing...wasn't expecting that the first time.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:17 PM

Izzy, I could not stop laughing when I read your post, sorry, I could not contain myself. Glad noone was hurt.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:29 PM

It's on my to do list....sure hope it happens.

Kat
Old 08-10-2011, 02:49 PM

Yes - it was wonderful and I don't like carnival rides. Nothing scary and when you are up there and the burners are not lit it is so totally peaceful and serene. I'd go again in a heartbeat!