Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm married to a prince! >

I'm married to a prince!

I'm married to a prince!

Old 08-06-2011, 03:17 AM

No hiding here, in fact, my stash closet is right next to his desk....
so there's no chance of him not viewing the beauties.......

he also has made a lot of my "have to haves"...like thread closet, over-sized ironing board, plexiglas extension table and I finally convinced him to make some mini quilts of his own.......
his were from wood & paint.

He's a keeper......already have had him for 54 years +.........
Old 08-06-2011, 03:17 AM

I am also married to a Prince. He has always been supportive of my "habit" (quilting and sewing). There is one quilt show he goes with me to every year. Last year, he encouraged me to purchase another sewing machine!! I "needed" the Janome Gem for a take-a-long machine, since it only weighs 12 lbs. So glad he was quick to say, get it!!
I have a fractured bone in my foot right now, so he drives me to the fabric store for more supplies. I am truly blessed.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:19 AM

My DH supports me in whatever I need or want. He knows this quilting hobby makes me very happy and my studio is truly my happy place. So, he supports me in whatever I want or need.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:21 AM

Good for you!! My guy is the same way. Let me give you an example.. A few years ago, he knew i was casually looking at different sewing machines. He came to me one day with an ad from a newspaper and said he knew what he wanted for Father's Day.....a new Janome 6500. He was such a sweetheart a few weeks ago also. On a trip to Maine, we stopped at Marden's to help me pick out fabric for a bargello quilt. Two days later, we went over to Keepsake Quilting and I picked up a few more goodies. It's great to have someone who has been so supportive of me for over 40 years!
Old 08-06-2011, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by alleyoop1
So many of you talk about hiding your fabric purchases from your DH. I show my husband all the fabrics I buy and he even goes with me to the annual quilt show! He loves to see me happy so he indulges my passion. I am SO blessed. Of course, I don't go crazy when buying fabric - mostly buy for each project.

How many of you DON'T have to hide your stash from your DH?
I got me one of those guys too!
Old 08-06-2011, 03:32 AM

When I met him he was very proud to show me what his sister made for him. The first time I met his sister was at a quilt show she had made a quilt for. She is the one who got me interested in learning how to quilt... Now, he gives me suggestions on my next projects ...

no fabric hiding here. I am the one who hesitates to buy more fabrics and as I don't go overboard, he never has any hesitation when I buy some more
Old 08-06-2011, 03:35 AM

I don't hide my stash. LOL It would be hard to hide. He has gone with me to purchase fabric before. My oldest son who lives in Florida even went with me to the fabric store. It was funny because the lady asked him if he was the quilter. He is an ex air force staff sgt.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:51 AM

I seldom go into a QS without my DH. He loves to help pick fabrics. Has a good color eye too. Last night I was looking at this weeks specials on Connecting Threads when he came into the office. He told me which ones he liked. Guess what? They were the very ones I was thinking about ordering.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:00 AM

I think we all have a prince, my hubby knows about all my fabric and even shops with me sometimes. The first quilt that I was hand quilting he made me a pvc q snap type quilt frame and we had to use the floor in his man cave to pin and yes he was on the floor pinning right along side of me. Sometimes he'll buy my fabric if it's for a gift he wants made, team effort he buys I make we both pick the fabric. Win win if you ask me.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:15 AM

I don't ever hide anything from my hubby, it is not unusual for hubby to bring fabric home for me from various towns that he visits. He always buys at least 5 yards of anything he buys because he thinks I don't buy enough when I buy 3 yards.