Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm married to a prince! >

I'm married to a prince!

I'm married to a prince!

Old 08-06-2011, 01:35 PM

Nope don't hide anything, after 52 years I can assure you it is one way to keep a relationship healthy. Hiding and deception are not good in the long run.:)
Old 08-06-2011, 01:41 PM

Ok, sounds like my husband too, he has a great eye for color and always encourages me to get what I want or need.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:55 PM

My hubby quilts with me. We spend way to much on quilting stuff but we both love it.. I have a quilting room and he has his own quilting room. Crazy but true
Old 08-06-2011, 03:05 PM

I do not hide fabric. I don't hide anything my husband
is great to.If you want it but it.I do have a stash or two..
Old 08-06-2011, 03:08 PM

I don't hide anything from my Hubby, he encourages me on a continual basis to follow my passions - no matter what they are.

He'll go shopping with me for fabric, attend Quilting Shows & Exhibits, help me with my measuring & cutting whenever I need or want it and is always interested in the patterns I'm working on or contemplating for the next project.

He has designed and built me pieces of furniture (work stations) for various machines and functions whenever I've needed to solve a work area problem.

We have been doing major renovations (almost a total rebuild) on our 120+ year home and in doing so, he has designed and built me 440 Sq.Ft. Quilting Studio complete with Cathedral Ceiling.

It isn't finished yet - we're still finishing off exterior work before cold weather sets in again and will continue working on interior finishing during the winter months.

I have always wanted to have a Quilting Store so DH designed my Studio with it's own entrance and stairway so our private residence is kept off limits to patrons who wish to purchase Fabrics, notions, etc. or, partake in courses I hope to offer in the future.

We women who have such understanding and supportive DH are truly blessed and can only hope they are an inspiration to other QB members DH to take up the calling and become one of the true heroes to their Quilting spouses.

:thumbup: :lol: :thumbup: :lol: :thumbup: :lol:
Old 08-06-2011, 03:10 PM

I don't hide my stash.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:16 PM

I agree with you. I have never had to hide my purchases from DH nor has he had to hide his from me. We are one household; when I make a quilt I seek his opinion and, as much as he dislikes this kind of shopping, he'll go with me. When I finish a quilt it is one "we" have made. I am really lucky I guess. Hubby trusts me not to bankrupt the household budget on anything as I trust him to do the same. This trust didn't happen overnight... it's taken 32 years. It is time well spent.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:17 PM

I agree with you. I have never had to hide my purchases from DH nor has he had to hide his from me. We are one household; when I make a quilt I seek his opinion and, as much as he dislikes this kind of shopping, he'll go with me. When I finish a quilt it is one "we" have made. I am really lucky I guess. Hubby trusts me not to bankrupt the household budget on anything as I trust him to do the same. This trust didn't happen overnight... it's taken 32 years. It is time well spent.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:57 PM

I do not hide it, but he has no idea of how much I truly do have. I have my passion and he has his. When he starts suggesting I thin out my stash, I suggest he starts thinning out his civil war stuff. He shuts up and goes his merry way.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:46 PM

I believe 99% of us do not hide our fabric purchases from our husbands. And the 1% that does, it goes no further than QB.