Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID? >

What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID?

What's Behind Your Quilting Board ID?

Old 08-06-2011, 01:51 PM
SEW

SEW are my initials.. Susan Estelle Wood!
Old 08-06-2011, 04:02 PM

I loved the Monkees as a girl, teenager, woman, wife, mother, grandmother. They make me happy and give me a chance to relive the more simpler times of life
Old 08-06-2011, 04:34 PM

Mine is pretty simple - I am the mom of a veterinarian
Old 08-06-2011, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by oma66
Oma 66 - my grandchildren call my husband and I OMA and OPA, which is Dutch (and German) for grandmother and grandfather. My husband is Dutch. The 66 is the age I was when I began to use the name on line. Very, very soon I will be 69, so OMA66 is no long accurate.
I to am dutch, and my grandchildern and there friends call me Oma,you then will understand myID name I am a mother and my name is sarah,in dutch moedersaar ,my sisters call me saartje
Old 08-06-2011, 07:25 PM

Gosh - true confessions. Mine came from an era where I was being pressured to go and get a job while my kids were young. I rebelled against all those who thought I wasted my education and called myself Homemother. (Not sayin' you all have to be one, but I wanted to be one and BE proud of it!!!)

I now have one son who was graduated from college this year, two sons still in college, and a daughter looking at schools for next year. Time wasted??? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Homemother
Gosh - true confessions. Mine came from an era where I was being pressured to go and get a job while my kids were young. I rebelled against all those who thought I wasted my education and called myself Homemother. (Not sayin' you all have to be one, but I wanted to be one and BE proud of it!!!)

I now have one son who was graduated from college this year, two sons still in college, and a daughter looking at schools for next year. Time wasted??? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!
I quit college to be a homemother and don't regret a thing! I homeschool our little girls so when people come to me and tell me that I still should've gone on to be a teacher or a nurse, I tell them that I did. They normally get quite uncomfortable but I don't mind. What kills me is that a feminist told me I could be anything I wanted to be and when I replied that I wanted to be a stay home mommy, she scorned me. Oh well!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ps 150

I quit college to be a homemother and don't regret a thing! I homeschool our little girls so when people come to me and tell me that I still should've gone on to be a teacher or a nurse, I tell them that I did. They normally get quite uncomfortable but I don't mind. What kills me is that a feminist told me I could be anything I wanted to be and when I replied that I wanted to be a stay home mommy, she scorned me. Oh well!
You can be anything you want as long as it is part of HER world view!
Old 08-07-2011, 03:31 PM

Several years ago a friend told me about a web site that takes your name and gave you a fake peerage title. Mine was "Lady Madame Kelly of Puddleston St. Droop". I have been 'madamekelly' online ever since. The site no longer exists as far as I know.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:19 PM

I too decided to 'be a stay at home mom.' It made it hard on us financially,& nobody understood. It was what I wanted! My DD graduated from college with honors. She's a SAHM also. My oldest DS is a machinist (making $ 19.00 an hour.) & my "baby" starts college this fall.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by dublb

I too decided to 'be a stay at home mom.' It made it hard on us financially,& nobody understood. It was what I wanted! My DD graduated from college with honors. She's a SAHM also. My oldest DS is a machinist (making $ 19.00 an hour.) & my "baby" starts college this fall.
I think the investment we make in our children is priceless!!!