Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm married to a prince! >

I'm married to a prince!

I'm married to a prince!

Old 08-06-2011, 11:58 PM

I don't have to hide my fabrics or anything else from my DH nor would I ever do that. It would hurt him if he found out and thought that I didn't trust him. He always tells me to buy fabric when I want it and takes me to get it. He even sews the edges of the fabric for me before I wash it so it won't fray so much. I can't work with it until the smells have been washed out. He helps with choices of colors and designs and placement. Yesterday, he came home with a piece of birch board to make my large ironing table. He praises everything I do and makes me feel like a pro even though I have a lot to learn. He does give his honest opinion when I ask him if something doesn't look right or how I could make it better. We have been married 47 years and our honesty with each other is precious to us. Each of us is happy if the other one is happy. I'm glad to hear you have a Prince, too. :) :) :)
Old 08-07-2011, 02:20 AM
Power Poster

My prince encourages me to shop for fabric. He helps with anything I need or want. We enjoy each other as best buddies as well as being husband and wife.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Don't hide mine. When I go in a shop, he often is with me, and when I take my purchases to the check out, he always asks "Is that all you are getting??? Are you sure? Maybe you better get some ____ (you can fill in the blank) just in case."

In fact he just stopped at Joanns and picked up some thread and a ruler for me.
I would totally faint dead away if my DH did anything of the sort!
Old 08-07-2011, 08:48 AM

My husband doesn't say anything about my fabric. I'm trying to get rid of some of my stash and he is always trying to get me to buy some more. I also got him to do some machine quilting for me as well as the EQ7 for father's day. Now the only thing is I can't sew fast enough.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:50 AM

I don't hide it from him. In fact he is very observant and notices my new acclamations. He in fact told me to go buy another book case to help my addiction.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:55 AM

I have a prince too. Like one of the other posts, he only asks when I'm going to get sewing again. In a sewing slump right not, but not a buying slump. :-) He set up my sewing room so that it would have enough storage for fabric and books. BUY he sits in the car playing Angry Birds on his phone while I shop. :-)
Old 08-07-2011, 08:55 AM

Ooops meant BUT not BUY
Old 08-07-2011, 08:59 AM

I never hide anything from him - however I don't "share" everything either. LOL
He is well aware of my machines and stash plus I rent a studio for my quilting frame, etc.

When I started quilting a few years ago, he went to the local quilt shop and picked out cute scissors and books for me. A few times for birthday gifts, he has gone back there and picked out fabric for quilts. The shop owner said he picked out the fabrics himself - just needed help on figuring out how much to buy of each one. I'm currently working on one collection of fabric he bought.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:16 AM

No, I don't hide mine either. I'm usually too excited when I find a fabric that talks to me, I share with him as soon as he walks in the door. He usually helps me with the layout if I get stuck or his ideas are enough different we move the blocks around to see what we like the best.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:42 PM

Enjoy your DH every day. I was lucky. That guy was my greatest fan. Praised my work and never complained about the amount of fabric I brought home. I was married to him for 54 years and did appreciate him through the years (most of the time) but it is after they are gone that you truly realize how wonderful they were.