Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm married to a prince! >

I'm married to a prince!

I'm married to a prince!

Old 08-07-2011, 12:57 PM

I don't usually have to hide my purchases from my hubby either. I only do when I beleive he will give me grief that I haven't finished my latest project. And he had the right to complain since it took me 1.5 years to finish his "quick" quilt. LOL
When we go to the states, he expects me to spend a lot. And he's okay with it, as he is a bargain hunter and the Canadian prices compared to the American prices are unbelievable.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:08 PM

I don't hide mine..he helps me shop for quilt shops on our trip..we are planning a trip to Savannah Ga in Sept...he wants to know how many shops I want to stop at..I told him none I have more fabric than I have rooms...he says "well..we just need to build you another fabric storage room..."..heheh..I have 2 quilt rooms now...all quilt nothing else...heheheh...I have a keeper for sure..blessings
Old 08-07-2011, 02:34 PM

My DH is a "hunter, gatherer" type. He often finds what I need perfectly!
Old 08-07-2011, 10:41 PM

Well, it shows that most of us ladies are really blessed!!! Not only do we bless others with the beautiful quilt presents we make but we get a return by having understanding husbands. You reap what you "sew"... Thanks for our great husbands!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 11:26 PM

My husband goes to a lot of quilt shows with me too. He never says anything about me buying fabrics, and in fact often helps me to choose the colours. I don't just buy for a stash though I usually buy for each project. I see so many fabrics I love but would not be comfortable buying them without a reason because I would feel very unsettled not using them.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:03 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by barnbum
Originally Posted by janRN
If I had to hide anything I bought from DH, he'd soon be an ex-DH. Trust and respect and honesty have been the basis of our 41 year marriage. I truly feel sorry for people that have to hide something from a partner; something that brings them joy. This is not a partnership or a marriage. Sorry--this just really bothers me and gets me on my soapbox! Don't mean to offend anyone.
I'll climb on with you. :D
Is there room for me too? :mrgreen:

I tried to make this point along with a couple of others on one of those threads about 'funny ways to hide fabric from DH' and got shouted down so I backed off. :-)

EDIT: For the record I most certainly do not nor ever have hidden anything from my DH - with the exception of his Christmas and birthday presents. :lol: If he's shopping with me, he makes me buy more. :-D He's coming to the Festival of Quilts with me next weekend and he'll walk round with me the whole two days, make constructive comments about the quilts on show, wait patiently while I hog any long arms on display to try until I get dragged off them AND carry all my purchases. And of course, I'd do the same for him. :mrgreen: :lol:
Old 08-08-2011, 02:33 AM

I love to quilt and read. I try to buy used books and fabric, but have never hid anything from my husband. He helps me pick fabric and he cuts all my piece. He is in the process of giving up the end of his shop for me a sewing room. Guess I'm blessed?
Old 08-08-2011, 07:57 AM

I don't have to hide anything from my DH either. He encourages me to buy what I need to do the things I enjoy. I work full time just like him, so it is a partnership in every sense of the word. We are very thankful that we are able to do this.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:22 AM

I'll do you all one better my wasband bought me my long arm quilting machine back in 2007 26 years after we were divorced. And if he sees something quilting related online or in the newspaper he lets me know about it. He's the best wasband a gal can have.

Birdhse
Old 08-10-2011, 05:53 PM

me me and me my hubby has his hobbies and I guess he is happy when I am happy