Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
75+ and using computer and quilting >

75+ and using computer and quilting

75+ and using computer and quilting

Old 08-08-2011, 06:20 AM

Love your attitude about life! You go girl!
Old 08-08-2011, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I'll be 78 next month, and again I'm asking my kids for either a new Anti virus protection for my computer, a new Glock, or sky diving treat. Or maybe a hot air balloon ride. But most of the time my wildest actions are either trying to cut down that @%$^& Albizzia tree and it's decendenats, or going hiking in Yosemite Valley just a few miles by myself. Since my DH's been gone for over 4 years, friends and family have introduced me to several men...they have all been feeble old coots who can't keep up with me. They all seem to want one of two things. A 22 year old blonde bimbo on one arm, or else they want a life long nurse maid and I could look like I wore a mop on my head and pasted on Mr. Potato head features for all the attention they pay me...

I'm liking my life up to now, and hope it doesn't change that much. Got too much fabric that needs cutting apart and sewed back together and I want to paint the kitchen and.....
You go girl! I am only 65, but understand what you are saying about the old coots. Around here they are looking for a cook /housekeeper. By the way I use AVG anti virus, the free edition. It works great and has been recommended by techies. And you can download it yourself.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:28 AM

Turned 75 this year, learned the computer when I was working and started quilting about 10-12 years ago. I enjoy both and keeps me busy and have met lots a great people through my quilting.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:31 AM

I'm 82+, starting sewing at age 5, made my 1st quilt at age 10. Graduated from UW Stout 60 years ago - taught Home Ec many, many years. Now I am a full time "Nanny Granny" also sew often and always have a quilt in the making. "Keep sewing" you young folks!
Old 08-08-2011, 06:41 AM

Happy Aniversary
Old 08-08-2011, 06:44 AM

Thank you QuiltingJaguar for posting this thread! I have loved reading all of the posts. Congratulations to all you beautiful women....you are truly an inspiration! Gee, I feel young at 65. God Bless each and every one of you, and may you be blessed with good health to continue quilting for many more years to come!!
Old 08-08-2011, 06:56 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by Nancy Ingham
Thank you QuiltingJaguar for posting this thread! I have loved reading all of the posts. Congratulations to all you beautiful women....you are truly an inspiration! Gee, I feel young at 65. God Bless each and every one of you, and may you be blessed with good health to continue quilting for many more years to come!!
I'm grateful for this thread, too, QuiltingJaquar, because even though I feel mentally/emotionally quite young at 66, my body has left me down. And I've let it make me feel like 'the time' is close.

It is so obviously not!! My parents are living and active in their own homes, cars, lives at 86 and 88. My DGM died at 96. I'm grateful for the wake up call that there are waaaay more years left than I've allowed myself to plan for or even look forward to. Shame on me!! Time to reassess and reinvent myself; I'm checking into PT this week!

Thank you all you wonderful, bright, alert, joyously alive, contributing women on this board!

Jan in VA
Old 08-08-2011, 07:00 AM

75 in april next year and do both .
Old 08-08-2011, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by caliquocat
I'm 76 and don't know which I enjoy most, quilting or my laptop. BTW, today is my DH & my 58th wedding anniversary.
Happy anniversary! What a milestone.

I am 70, not very computer literate and just purchased an iPhone. Started quilting 1.5 years ago and never sewn before that. Belong to three guilds, 1 bee, and 3 GNO groups. Recovering from major cancer surgery and also have an autoimmune disease. Life does begin any time one wants, especially after retirement.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:03 AM

I'll be 77 in September and made my first quilt for my first child in 1954. Have never quit quilting. I've used the computer for about 15 years at home and at work.