Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shopping with DH  for fabric.  Do you take him along?  Why  or why not? >

Shopping with DH for fabric. Do you take him along? Why or why not?

Shopping with DH for fabric. Do you take him along? Why or why not?

Old 08-07-2011, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by grammy17
My Dh was very disappionted taht JoAnns has removed his favorite chair. they used to have 2 or 3 chairs in the front of the store. No more. also, no more classroom. don't know what's up with that?
There are 3 JoAnns within 20 miles or so of me. The store in Harrisburg, PA still has classes but I was told at the one store closest to me that they stopped the classes because....people who had not paid for them were standing in the aisles taking notes on the projects. The girl that works there was telling me this. She said that the classroom area was set up in the back corner of the store where the tables with the pattern books are located. So she said people would "browse" the merchandise in that area...but never leave. And they saw a lot of people with notebooks and pens writing stuff down. So being that it wasn't fair to those who paid...they stopped the classes.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by LindaM49
Originally Posted by grammy17
My Dh was very disappionted taht JoAnns has removed his favorite chair. they used to have 2 or 3 chairs in the front of the store. No more. also, no more classroom. don't know what's up with that?
There are 3 JoAnns within 20 miles or so of me. The store in Harrisburg, PA still has classes but I was told at the one store closest to me that they stopped the classes because....people who had not paid for them were standing in the aisles taking notes on the projects. The girl that works there was telling me this. She said that the classroom area was set up in the back corner of the store where the tables with the pattern books are located. So she said people would "browse" the merchandise in that area...but never leave. And they saw a lot of people with notebooks and pens writing stuff down. So being that it wasn't fair to those who paid...they stopped the classes.
I guess that explains it. I thought maybe they were expanding. I think the store next door closed.

You are correct about needing the chairs. My DH waited in the car but with 95 outside I wouldn't ask that again.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:03 PM

No, I don't take my husband unless we just happen to be out, then he must stay in the car.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Power Poster

No, I don't take my Husband with me, he has never had the patience for my shopping. He likes fast easy and out, he only likes to shop at Home Depot or Lowe's.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:10 PM

My DH goes when I need his help with color choices. He has a good eye for color too. He usually doesn't think about the cost - that's my job
Old 08-07-2011, 11:27 PM

oh my goodness
Old 08-08-2011, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by wraez
Other than my hubby not liking to spend lots of time at Joanns or other fabric stores, if I take him with me I'm more likely to get lots more fabric cuz he encourages me to get what I want (even if I don't need it)

When I go by myself, I reign myself in more, tending to be more frugal and fearful of spending too much $
I agree :thumbup: My husband will buy me everything I look at and things I haven't looked at. I love this man. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: But I am trying to get this organized into a workable space.

sorry didn't mean this pic
[ATTACH=CONFIG]238297[/ATTACH]

this is a pic of yesterdays trash clearning. About 300 pounds. Flylady I love you.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]238298[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-238291.jpe
Views:	13
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	238297   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-238292.jpe
Views:	14
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	238298  
Old 08-08-2011, 05:21 AM

My husband goes with me. I think he's afraid not to. LOL!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:46 AM

I take my DH to quilt shows. He loves picking out quilt fabric for the shirts I make him.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:45 PM

I like to take my DW with me if I'm looking for something for a special project, as she has a better eye for color than I do. But she tends to be an "In, get it, and out" person. So, I prefer to go alone. But, as many said, as a good spouse, she encourages me to get what I want. Gary