Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
75+ and using computer and quilting >

75+ and using computer and quilting

75+ and using computer and quilting

Old 08-08-2011, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by KSue
Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I'll be 78 next month, and again I'm asking my kids for either a new Anti virus protection for my computer, a new Glock, or sky diving treat. Or maybe a hot air balloon ride. But most of the time my wildest actions are either trying to cut down that @%$^& Albizzia tree and it's decendenats, or going hiking in Yosemite Valley just a few miles by myself. Since my DH's been gone for over 4 years, friends and family have introduced me to several men...they have all been feeble old coots who can't keep up with me. They all seem to want one of two things. A 22 year old blonde bimbo on one arm, or else they want a life long nurse maid and I could look like I wore a mop on my head and pasted on Mr. Potato head features for all the attention they pay me...

I'm liking my life up to now, and hope it doesn't change that much. Got too much fabric that needs cutting apart and sewed back together and I want to paint the kitchen and.....
Love your post!!! lol
HI luv~ Some advice, if you have microsoft, google their free anti-virus service! It works better than everybody elses! and does not cost even one dime!
Old 08-08-2011, 12:49 PM

Ditto - I'll be 70 in two weeks and feel more like 50. I use the computer every day and enjoy it. I also love to quilt and sew. I am still working and keeping busy. No more husbands for me! I married the second one twice and still it didn't work out. Don't want to do it again!!!!! I love my life and the solitude I get now. I take care of myself and do what I want when I want. It's good to be a senior citizen!

I'll be 78 next month, and again I'm asking my kids for either a new Anti virus protection for my computer, a new Glock, or sky diving treat. Or maybe a hot air balloon ride. But most of the time my wildest actions are either trying to cut down that @%$^& Albizzia tree and it's decendenats, or going hiking in Yosemite Valley just a few miles by myself. Since my DH's been gone for over 4 years, friends and family have introduced me to several men...they have all been feeble old coots who can't keep up with me. They all seem to want one of two things. A 22 year old blonde bimbo on one arm, or else they want a life long nurse maid and I could look like I wore a mop on my head and pasted on Mr. Potato head features for all the attention they pay me...

I'm liking my life up to now, and hope it doesn't change that much. Got too much fabric that needs cutting apart and sewed back together and I want to paint the kitchen and.....
Old 08-08-2011, 12:59 PM

I just love your picture with the message. The broderie purse method ( may be misspelled) is one that has fascinated me for a long time. I keep saying "I must try that" but haven't yet. Yours is beautiful.

I started with a computer way back in 1986 before a mouse, or windows when one had to go into DOS to do any commands. I began on word star because I wanted to word process as I was writing family memoirs and wanted to do it more easily. I still write, and have all my life and helped senior groups get started writing their life stories. I have learned so many things about marvelous folks lives this way and continue learning all the time. PS I AM not good on the computer but still "get by".
Old 08-08-2011, 01:38 PM

I'm 77 and do both. I use both to avoid as much housework as I can also. I provide transportation for many of my youngest grand daughters activities. They help keep me feeling younger than my joints.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:41 PM

Congratulations. :thumbup:
Old 08-08-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by azsupergram
I'm 77 and do both. I use both to avoid as much housework as I can also. I provide transportation for many of my youngest grand daughters activities. They help keep me feeling younger than my joints.
Right attitude!
Old 08-08-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by caliquocat
I'm 76 and don't know which I enjoy most, quilting or my laptop. BTW, today is my DH & my 58th wedding anniversary.
Congratulations. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-08-2011, 01:44 PM

I am 85 and still using the computer and quilting, knitting and crochet for charity. Marie from MI
Old 08-08-2011, 01:52 PM

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! I want to be just like you in, oh....about 28 years or so!!!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 01:53 PM

This is only one response the was, I find, very insulting, thank goodness the good ones outnumber these :thumbup: