Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-08-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Do you guys and gals know how special each and every one of your are. I just had someone PM me about some needles for my new Davis sewing machine. When I have needed some parts or attatchments you are there as well as any information that I need. All of you go that extra mile for everyone with information and parts. There is no way that I can say thank you to each and every one of you so I am doing this as a group effort. THANK YOU to each and everyone of you. :thumbup: Kathie S.
Isn't this bunch the greatest? I just bought some 20x1 needles on ebay for Mamie (New Florence)...they aren't cheap, but I *really* want to USE this machine!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:15 PM

Do you guys and gals know how special each and every one of your are. I just had someone PM me about some needles for my new Davis sewing machine. When I have needed some parts or attatchments you are there as well as any information that I need. All of you go that extra mile for everyone with information and parts. There is no way that I can say thank you to each and every one of you so I am doing this as a group effort. THANK YOU to each and everyone of you. :thumbup: Kathie S.
This reminded me... I have a bobbin cover plate for a 401-403-500... ordered a plate for a 99, waited nearly a month.... got home and looked at it :cry: wrong one! So if anyone should need it pm me -- I'll send it your way. If it keep it here it'll just get lost.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by shnnn
This reminded me... I have a bobbin cover plate for a 401-403-500... ordered a plate for a 99, waited nearly a month.... got home and looked at it :cry: wrong one! So if anyone should need it pm me -- I'll send it your way. If it keep it here it'll just get lost.
so who did you buy from??? We don't want to make that same mistake...
Old 08-08-2011, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
My local sewing machine shop - she's given me enough freebies that it's not really worth the worry to return it -- I'll just order the right one somewhere else :)
Old 08-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Power Poster

My local sewing machine shop
I believe I would be returning it for a refund or a plate that fits.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:32 PM

My local sewing machine shop
I believe I would be returning it for a refund or a plate that fits.
Whenever I've needed anything she's let me go dig through their bins of spare parts first - this is the 1st part I've actually had to buy... and I dont really want to wait another month to get the right one. I figure the $6 I paid for this is fair enough trade for all the other parts she has given me.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by jtapp9

So, does anyone think a sphinx is worth $115 in cabinet? The decals are in very good shape.
If that's what they go for in your area, then yes. Prices seem to be all over the map depending on region of the US....out here we pay premium price mostly...unless we have the time to go hunt every yard sale and junk shop. I dont....I work full time, so I watch auctions and such.
I only watch CLs- or get lucky while walking the dog through the neighborhood, my $10 Singer 401 sitting out at the yard sale.
Now THAT was a lucky find!!! :-)
Old 08-08-2011, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Silly Seller!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/atq/2535535097.html

:shock: :shock: :lol:
Maybe, I should send him a picture of the 500a I just got for $15 posted on page 1449!!!!!!Geeze!

Nancy
Where do these people come up with the outrageous prices for machines???
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Sharon W.
I do not know. I am resisting the temptation to contact the seller and ask them what dream world they live in. That IS the most outrageously priced vintage machine I have seen... I think :?:
Old 08-08-2011, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Charlee
Oh wait...I kinda sorta hafta sew a quilt top to do that, huh?
Charlee,

Don't you need to make a quilt top and bottom and at least spray baste them to the batting!!
EEEK!! Spray basting is only for FMQ on a sitdown machine...I dealt with one that had it; put it on my short arm on frame setup, and it was difficult to quilt it.
I saw the finished quilt. You did a great job despite "someone's" unintentional action that hampered your kindhearted offer to quilt it despite the fact it had been spray basted. I'm 100% certain that "someone" will never do that again!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
Old 08-08-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee

I'm dying to try FMQ on a treadle, I just don't have one that drops the dogs....BUT!! I can use a buttonholer cover!! :D

Oh wait...I kinda sorta hafta sew a quilt top to do that, huh?

Y E S!!! Charlee, making a top comes before the FMQ!!! Nearly every time, as far as I know!! LOL LOL :lol: :lol:
There is always whole cloth and panels!!!
SHHHH!! You're only encouraging her!!! LOL :lol: :lol: