Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shopping with DH  for fabric.  Do you take him along?  Why  or why not? >

Shopping with DH for fabric. Do you take him along? Why or why not?

Shopping with DH for fabric. Do you take him along? Why or why not?

Old 08-08-2011, 01:09 PM

Mine will sometimes goe with me. I have even had him call and ask if I need hime to stop at my favorite store when he is in that area:)
Old 08-08-2011, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mickey1
Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Not unless we're out of town. He may browse a bit and then leave but he never rushes me :)
Same here, but I always feel guilty leaving him in the car waiting. He says it's no problem, but I still don't feel like I can "browse" knowing he is waiting.
My SIL and I are both quilters. Our husbands go with us when we are out of town, but they wait in the truck. I don't like it, makes me feel rushed. The men think a great QS would have a bar next door so they could have a beer while we're shopping.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:58 AM

i bring my hubby as often as he wants to come...he is great at picking colors, and helping with fabric for projects....he is a great partner!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 03:56 AM

No, no, no! I don't want my husband along. He's the typical man "hunter"; get in the store, get what you want and get out. I just can't shop with him! But he does tell me to get whatever I want so I'm keeping him.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:01 AM

This past Tuesday, DH and I had about 45 minutes to kill before an appt. He suggested we go to Mill End - a discount fabric store. I was thinking what a good husband I have. While we are looking at fabrics, he keeps pointing out the ugliest fabric and material that is not suitable for quilting. Even though he meant well, he was driving me crazy. I kept my mouth shut and didn't say a word...but from now on, DH and I will not go fabric shopping together.