Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Summer 1.5" Swap - Sign-up Closed >

Summer 1.5" Swap - Sign-up Closed

Summer 1.5" Swap - Sign-up Closed

Old 08-07-2011, 07:36 PM

i use to sew (made clothing) and craft a lot more than i do now. i gave all of my craft supplies to a school teacher friend and donated most of my fabric & patterns to women at church and a local girls organization. i was in the process of getting rid of the many containers i still had of fabric and it morphed into quilting, starting with making quilts for my family. now i have bins and bins of new fabric purchases but these purchases are for specific quilts to sell at craft shows and a few quilts to order. i plan to "use" it all. :thumbup:

Originally Posted by HummerGardenCrafts
Originally Posted by Havplenty
i'm trying hard not to be the one who wins by dying with the most fabric. when i visit estate sales in my area, i see firsthand how much sewers/quilters/crafters have the potential to overbuy. i gave most of my stash away and am in recovery (being a collector). if i go to one of those joann sales and find all of those bargains.... i'm sure i will see a relapse in my future.
My kids are going to have a time going through all my craft stuff if anything ever happens I can't craft any more. I have plastic totes full. Bolts of fabric. And so much other craft supplies. I would even hate to take a count on my fabrics.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by booklady
I was able to pick up a couple packs of 1.5 stamps when I stopped at Keepsake Quilting this summer. They were in the summer sale bin at 25% off so I got them for $.75!

Originally Posted by plainjane
Originally Posted by NCquilter
I think I have the 1.5" postage stamp bug. I've been looking at different postage stamp quilts online. I was planning on doing just 2 sets, but I just kept cutting and now I have 20 sets. LOL
Me too! I have narrowed down all activities to 1.5 swaps - I need about three or four more. Some online stores have had fat 1/4 bundles (usually about 25 ea bundle) that averages out $1-$1.50 for each fat quarter - Mystery bundles are the best-unique from each store. So, I have a lot of fat 1/4's to cut my squares from.
Wow! Great deal! I never seem to be in the right place at the right time to catch great deals like that.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:56 PM

Wow, you ladies are fast! I'm already getting requests for my mailing address. I cut a lot of extra's on the last swap, so I'm pretty sure I already have enough. Guess I'd better start bagging :lol:
Old 08-09-2011, 10:00 AM

Yes Twisted, could you please send your mailing address as mine are cut and reay to go. Like you I had a lot already cut. I tend to make 2 WOF cuts and slice away.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:27 PM

PM sent. :thumbup:
Old 08-09-2011, 01:47 PM

Is there room for another person to do 20 sets?? I have never done a postage stamp quilt...so I will have to search for some patterns.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Crqltr
Is there room for another person to do 20 sets?? I have never done a postage stamp quilt...so I will have to search for some patterns.

Yes, we still have room. I'll add you to the list. If you want to see postage stamp quilts, try using the search tab. Not sure how many are there but I believe I saw a few, or you can google postage stamp quilts. :thumbup:
Old 08-09-2011, 07:07 PM

tips... someone said last swap they store their stacks in a ice cube tray.

To keep straight what I have already placed:

I put dots of 2 way glue (like post it note glue) on cardstock & put it up with magnets on my metal kitchen cupboard door. Stick the cut stamps on it. I know how many I have cut, how many left to cut, & what fabric, all at a glance. And that set is my own keeper set.

I put my big cutting mat on my kitchen cart. (small house 925 sq feet)
Old 08-09-2011, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
Wow, you ladies are fast! I'm already getting requests for my mailing address. I cut a lot of extra's on the last swap, so I'm pretty sure I already have enough. Guess I'd better start bagging :lol:
I can't remember if I got your addy or not. Mine are ready to mail also. Would like to get them in the mail Thursday if you can get me your addy by tomorrow evening.
Thanks a bunch!
Old 08-09-2011, 07:15 PM

Sending PM.