Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oh this cat is driving me Nuts!!!!! >

Oh this cat is driving me Nuts!!!!!

Oh this cat is driving me Nuts!!!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 05:48 AM
Power Poster

K...I hate that you are having this problem. We have 12 cats and we still have this exact same problem. Luckily we live in the country and I can put the wild one outside for awhile when she gets tooo crazy. Of course, that does calm her down.

I think cats gravitate to animals/people that don't want to be bothered with them. My Dad hates cats...when he comes over..yup...he ends up with 2 or 3 on his lap...while he is grimacing.

I hope you can find something that the cat likes to play with more than the old man...I feel sorry for the old guy.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:46 AM

I never had cats until we moved to the farm,we are like a cat magnet out here. They are all out side except one,she is the bluish gray color like a rusian blue. I let her in because she wouldn't take care of her self. She is so timid and wouldn't fight back.She is the biggest baby,wants on my lap all the time. I am more a dog person so sometmes she gets kind of irrating but we like her. Once we had a gray and white one come here, that was the meanest cat I ever saw,My sister in law called her mean Kitty,that was her ncik name. I finaly had to get rid of her,she would attack the dogs,and I had to play musical cats,put them all up while she is out,then put her in the barn let all the others out. Got to be too much,so I took her in to the animal shelter,they wouldn't have let me take her there if they knew I was out in the country but I didn't tell them I hope she got a good home with people that didn't have any other animals,I explaned every thing to them,how she didn't want others around she wanted to be the only one.She would get on top of the shead,where I had my other cat,and try to go in through the top just to get at the cat inside,then I caught her digging at the back trying to get in,just to get at that cat. I think she was a stalker. One bad kitty..........I have one named Zipper,one called Buttons,Fonzie,and Tucker,they all tolerate each other,Then Baby is in the house,then I have my daughters old cat,Cagney in the basement. She started out up stairs but she is old and getting to the point she couldn't hit the littler box. But she is in the laundry rooma nd I am down there a lot,sewing room is down there so she isn't total left out.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:47 AM

K, I had a cat like that. I swear he could fall UP stairs! The vet said that kittens whose mothers had distemper while they were pregnant sometimes had damage to their cerebellum. That's the part of the brain that controls coordination, depth perception, and your location in space. Tigger would stop walking with a foot in midair as if he forgot how to put it down, or what to move next. He was a great cat, and a real lover!

Yes this is exactly what he would do. My vet told me the same about why he was retarded. Our basement steps had no raisers and were open to a diagonal board nailed onto the back of the stairs. He would attempt to run up the steps and about 1/3 the way up he would "miss" and go between the steps and slide down behind the steps to the bottom where he would have to start again. We had to put a couch right by the steps so when he would fall off the open end he would have something soft to land on.

People can't understand this unless they have seen it. I would have never beleived it unless I had seen it with my own eyes.

I just played "Evil" out with the laser light. He is passed out under the ironing board and the old man can rest easy for a while. "Evil" has been sprayed only once today. "It's gonna be a good day Scooter"
Old 06-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kwhite
"Evil" has been sprayed only once today. "It's gonna be a good day Scooter"

How funny! I too had a cat named "Evil". She was all black, but she was named for her disposition, not her color! Now I have another mostly black one, named "Osama", because he is a little fuzz-faced terrorist!

Gotta go to work. I may not survive this week.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:49 PM

Actually his name is Boots but I call him "Evil" cause he IS!!!!!
Old 06-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Power Poster

I had a cat that would lie in wait for my youngest daughter. He would hide in her closet and jump out at her and would wait at the top of the stairs to scare her. She insisted he pushed her down the stairs too. He has been gone for about four years and she insists he is waiting for her at the Rainbow Bridge.........to push her over the side. We can laugh about him now, but he was a holy terror in his day. I still miss him.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:39 AM

At this very moment I am trying to type with the old man in my lap cause the baby has terrorized already this morning and he is either hiding or in my lap anymore. I will be capturing the baby and putting him outside for a while. It is a nice day and he can spend some time in the screen porch.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:32 AM

That reminds of that cat we had when my daughter was 13.I worked at AT&T and when we got ready to go home someone on the other shift had let this cat come in with them. It was just a kitten,so I brought it home for her.He was yellow and white and had a stubie tail,so that was his name Stubie. It was her job to feed him.But of course if I didn't tell her she didn't do it. His bowl was in the kitchen,and I was sitting on the couch,he would come in to the living room sit down right in front of me and just look at me,then I would notice and say Kristi,did you fee Stubie? then she would get up go feed him. That got to be a routine,as soon as I would say her name he would jump up and run to the kitchen. He was a good cat never got on top of cabnets or any thing,but then all of a sudden he did start to get on the cabnets,he would come over while I was on the phone pestering me,When I look back that was about the time he got sick,so I think he was trying to tell me,hey I'm sick..he had a bladder infection.Didn't live too much longer. The one I have now,she will come in and pester me like that when her food dish is empty,no kids here to feed them I have to do it..
Old 06-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Power Poster

I come back every day to check in on "Evil" :D I just love that little guy 8) I want to be his "Cyber Grama" 8) Don't get me wrong...it is naughty to give the "Old Man" such a bad time....BUT....since I'm his grama....I want to slip him some cat nip :D... it is like sitting back and watching the grands....chuckling behind my hand :twisted: ....while mama and daddy pull their hair out :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-06-2009, 01:13 PM

Had to catch up on this thread. My pesky cat knocked over my coffee cup this morning! I was on the throne and had just settled in with the newspaper when she came tearing in and miss judged and knocked the mug over. Fortuantely, it went into the bathtub so clean up was no problem. Just lots of "Get away from me you D.. cat!" She is a holy terror, always in the way. Loves to sit on my laptop when I am trying to use it! :?