Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Candace
Oh my! A great listing for a "Vintage" Featherweight on my local CL appeared this afternoon. I wonder how old is vintage in their minds?! LOL!!!!!!! http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2541744772.html

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:
I sent him an e-mail explaining that machine is not a 'vintage' anything! I also directed him on what a 'vintage' Singer Featherweight actually looks like and how to look it up!

Nancy
:roll: :lol: :roll: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-11-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by lee231
Picked up 3 machines at an auction today. 66 Red Eye -$5, Stitchmaster 15 clone - $7.50 and a 301 for $7. Will post pics tomorrow.
Great job, they just do auctions around here that I can find.

:(
Old 08-11-2011, 04:47 PM

I sent him an e-mail explaining that machine is not a 'vintage' anything! I also directed him on what a 'vintage' Singer Featherweight actually looks like and how to look it up!

Nancy[/quote]

Good job Nancy. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Kathie
Old 08-11-2011, 04:48 PM

Hi All,
Well I have the opportunity to get a Singer 401A and it looks OK from the picture . Do you guys think I should get it, at what price and what are your opinions of the 401? Is it something I would love to own or should I pass? Thanks for your help, you are a great resource and I trust your judgement!!:)
Jane
Old 08-11-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Candace
Oh my! A great listing for a "Vintage" Featherweight on my local CL appeared this afternoon. I wonder how old is vintage in their minds?! LOL!!!!!!! http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2541744772.html

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Nancy
Good for you Nancy
Old 08-11-2011, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by JaneK
Hi All,
Well I have the opportunity to get a Singer 401A and it looks OK from the picture . Do you guys think I should get it, at what price and what are your opinions of the 401? Is it something I would love to own or should I pass? Thanks for your help, you are a great resource and I trust your judgement!!:)
Jane
I've been sewing on one for several days. It sews a nice stitch, like most of the oldies do. It is a little noisier than some of my other oldies, but not that bad. If the price is right, I say go ahead.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.

Nancy

What's bad is that this person can't even google???? Lame.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:00 PM

I just put in an offer on a Singer 319W. Green one:> We'll see if it'll be coming home with me tomorrow....
Old 08-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JaneK
Hi All,
Jane
Thread it up. Does it make a stitch? Do the stitch selector knobs work freely? Does it zigzag? Are the bottom gears rusted? Does it appear to have all it's parts? No to any it is a parts machine or needs TLC offer $25
If all are a yes, does it have Manual? Table? Does it have 5 disks? Are there any accessories? $150 + or - is good price. I love the 400 series machines I have. I think they beat out most newer machines. They are all metal. The needle is in a position you can see what you are doing. They are gear driven. Most of the stitches on a newer machine are on there. I had a medium end Janome with less stitch selection. The Janome did have needle position options which drove me nuts. I got rid of it and kept the Singer. BTW a Singer 403 is real nice too.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by justtrish
Originally Posted by Suzi
Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by dirty1mom
I have a 185J that's supposed to arrive on Friday from shopgoodwill.com. I'm hoping that it arrives all in one piece. I can't wait to look up the date and sew on it. Glad to hear it comes apart easily for cleaning.
I am glad someone here got that machine! I had a long argument with myself about bidding on it, but I have my eye on another machine.
Me too. (I'm glad you got it Betty!!!) I'm just up to my eyeballs in poison ivy. This is now the third time this summer. AND I broke my baby toe. AND I have extra work I'm suppose to do.
Good Lord, Woman! What are you doing wrong right now? Poison ivy for the third time (you know you can become super sensitive to that stuff and it will put you in the hospital) and now a broken pinky. One must be more careful of one's body - it has to last you awhile! :roll:
I am lost who is it that has posion ivy again..is it Miriam?[/quote]

YES .........